Hey guys, I am new to the Turbo and I can't figure out if this phone has a notification light. If it does, where can I go to turn it on?

Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-07-2015 05:48 AM
    Hey guys, I am new to the Turbo and I can't figure out if this phone has a notification light. If it does, where can I go to turn it on?

Thanks!

Nope, no notification light. I've read that it's gone due to the ability to wave your touch/hold the screen to see notifications. That sucks, because with the light, you knew you had something just by seeing the blinking light.
    02-07-2015 05:57 AM
    Motorola replaced the led with active display since the original moto x; it's now called Moto display. It's one of the best features of the phone, in my opinion.

Fwiw, there is still a white led that shows only when the phone is plugged in at a time when the battery is too discharged to power the display. When the led goes out you can go back to using your phone, but it cannot used for notifications otherwise.
    02-07-2015 09:04 AM
    Motorola replaced the led with active display since the original moto x; it's now called Moto display. It's one of the best features of the phone, in my opinion.

Fwiw, there is still a white led that shows only when the phone is plugged in at a time when the battery is too discharged to power the display. When the led goes out you can go back to using your phone, but it cannot used for notifications otherwise.
    How does the Active Display let me know I have a message or email that needs to be opened? I'm very new to Motorola (coming from Samsung then LG) and the phone seems to have several useful features. I'd just like to know if or how I'll know there is a waiting message.

02-07-2015 11:19 AM
    How does the Active Display let me know I have a message or email that needs to be opened? I'm very new to Motorola (coming from Samsung then LG) and the phone seems to have several useful features. I'd just like to know if or how I'll know there is a waiting message.

Article is about the Moto X but information contained in it applies to Turbo as well.

http://www.androidcentral.com/inside...active-display

Of course, you need to have Moto Display turned on. Go into your App drawer and tap on the Moto App icon. Then tap on the head icon in the upper right hand corner. Select Moto Display. Adjust the settings.
    doogald and Murph5150 like this.
    02-07-2015 12:41 PM
    Article is about the Moto X but information contained in it applies to Turbo as well.

http://www.androidcentral.com/inside...active-display

Of course, you need to have Moto Display turned on. Go into your App drawer and tap on the Moto App icon. Then tap on the head icon in the upper right hand corner. Select Moto Display. Adjust the settings.
    Awesome. It's different than what I'm used to, but thinking logically, it's a great setup. The YouTube video reiterated your instructions. I appreciate the feedback and instruction.

02-07-2015 08:51 PM
    I loved the knock on feature of my g2. I've found the Moto display is better than that. I was pretty hesitant to leave it on due to battery drain but I get home at the end if a day with 70% remaining.

02-08-2015 04:11 AM
    I loved the knock on feature of my g2. I've found the Moto display is better than that. I was pretty hesitant to leave it on due to battery drain but I get home at the end if a day with 70% remaining.

I briefly owned a G2 and really liked the Knock on/off. While I can't do knock on, I've been able to replicate the knock off feature on this phone with Nova launcher and an app that turns the display off which I just assign to have launch when I double tap on the screen. I really like it.
    02-08-2015 11:27 AM
    Don't knock it, nudge it. And don't worry about the battery, if you start the day full you'll still have juice left (as long as you weren't streaming video all day)
    02-08-2015 01:11 PM
    Don't knock it, nudge it. And don't worry about the battery, if you start the day full you'll still have juice left (as long as you weren't streaming video all day)
    Or just wave your hand over it. Thats what I do if its sitting on a table.
    02-08-2015 02:35 PM
    Don't worry about Moto Display draining your battery. It only activates a small portion of your screen and it's white letters and icons on a black background, not full display in color. I get darn near 48 hours between charges and my battery monitor app reports Moto Display takes less than 0.3% of battery.
    02-08-2015 02:39 PM
    I came from the maxx so I'm used to nudging plus I feel like I'm summoning something evil when I wave at my phone
    02-08-2015 03:30 PM
    There is a notification light but not meant to be used. I have only seen it once. I have disactivated active display and all Motorola apps and have gotten a significant battery increase

02-09-2015 02:26 AM
    There is a notification light but not meant to be used. I have only seen it once. I have disactivated active display and all Motorola apps and have gotten a significant battery increase

What do you consider "significant" battery improvement and did you disable anything else that may have led to those improvements?

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    02-09-2015 08:23 AM