For some reason, the Droid Turbo doesn't have a magnetometer built-in. Because of this, it is not compatible with certain accessories like a magnet case or the Google Cardboard.
    This is extremely unfortunate because this phone is jam packed with power! Its too bad it won't work with Cardboard.
    However, you can still just use a Bluetooth keyboard and push the "CRL" key to compensate for the magnet switch.

Still, a shame.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails "Magnetometer" Missing on the Turbo-17566.jpg  
    02-07-2015 03:22 PM
    It does have a magnetometer, its just not located near the upper corner of the phone. If you move a magnet in the same fashion as the cardboard, but underneath the camera near the moto logo it'll work. Still not as easy as using a Bluetooth controller IMO.

02-08-2015 05:01 AM
    I've honestly never heard of a the Google Cardboard. Fascinating. In doing some looking around, I found that you can purchase a version that uses capacitive touch rather than the magnet (assuming you don't build your own and go the Bluetooth route). $24.95.

Virtual Reality Cardboard Toolkit | DODOcase
    02-08-2015 10:25 AM
    It does have a magnetometer, its just not located near the upper corner of the phone. If you move a magnet in the same fashion as the cardboard, but underneath the camera near the moto logo it'll work. Still not as easy as using a Bluetooth controller IMO.

It does?? That's weird, the official site doesn't include this feature with the rest of them.

03-08-2015 05:56 PM
    It does?? That's weird, the official site doesn't include this feature with the rest of them.

The Motorola site lists it, under sensors ("Hall effect" sensor is a magnetic sensor.) http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=yUe396Zu

I believe on the turbo it is used for that window case. The magnet in the case switches on the special display mode.

[edit] sigh. Tapatalk adds a weird url. Let's try this again:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=yUe396Zu
    03-08-2015 06:42 PM
    I can verify what doogald said about the "windo" case. I have the "official" motorola leather flip case with the balistic nylon cover. Therere is a magnet in the cover which cause my turbo to go into "case closed" mode when you close the flip cover, and conversly when you open the cover the turbo lock screen appears.
    03-08-2015 09:31 PM
    I was able to get Google Cardboard to work fine by putting magnet assembly on the other side. It comes installed on the left side, I put it in the same spot on the right side then it worked perfectly. I had to cut a oval on the right side as if i left the magnet just on the side it often fell off when you pushed down too far.
    09-01-2015 09:00 PM
    I was able to get Google Cardboard to work fine by putting magnet assembly on the other side. It comes installed on the left side, I put it in the same spot on the right side then it worked perfectly. I had to cut a oval on the right side as if i left the magnet just on the side it often fell off when you pushed down too far.
    I have a Droid turbo and plan on getting a cardboard. I chose the DSCVR Viewer which already has the magnet on the right, but its on the top. Will my Turbo still work with it?
    04-29-2016 01:00 AM