accept the download ??? The reason for me asking this..................Before buying my turbo I have used nothing but Google phones(Nexus). My experience with Lollipop 5.0 on Nexus phones has been mixed for me. I loved how much smoother the whole system worked. However, there were bugs and slightly more battery drain. On to my next point, Google pushed ANOTHER update shortly after 5.0 to 5.01 and of course my Nexus phones got it the day of release. My nexus phones responded awesome to 5.01, most of the bugs were gone and battery life resumed to its normality. My POINT here is I know 5.0 was buggy and fixed with 5.01. If Verizon has waited this long(and we are still waiting) for 5.0 I can't imagine how long it would be for them to push out 5.01. From experience, it is for that reason I may decline the download. Feel free to chime in !!
    02-09-2015 10:58 AM
    You should expect the update to be pretty well tested. Motorola is working on it.
    02-09-2015 11:24 AM
    And now 5.1 is "in the wild". There are so many "what ifs" as to make the question nearly unanswerable since we don't know what we're going to be offered. Intelligent wild-arsed guess? 5.01 will be the first OTA for the Turbo, and if it is, I'll accept it, regretting that it isn't 5.1, but grateful that it isn't the dreaded dot zero.
    02-09-2015 11:35 AM
    When it comes what i think i will do is...

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    02-09-2015 12:02 PM
    If Verizon has waited this long(and we are still waiting) for 5.0 I can't imagine how long it would be for them to push out 5.01. From experience, it is for that reason I may decline the download. Feel free to chime in !!
    See https://plus.google.com/110587026141...ts/cSmnePt6zpP

Motorola will be pushing 5.0.2 at a minimum, and I'm sure they'll keep making sure it's as bug-free as possible.

The 5.1 thing could be a typo - it may just be 5.0.1 for the AndroidOne, or it may just be a special build for the lower-RAM AndroidOne phones. Motorola will push the best version for the phone when the time comes (which I imagine isn't too much longer.)
    02-09-2015 12:23 PM
    As of right now with the knowledge and info that is available, I am hesitant. However, with the amount of time that Motorola/Verizon are taking to release it to the Turbo, I feel as though they are ironing out the issues that were experienced on the phones that received the first push of 5.0. That, of course, is a guess at best as no one outside of the project really knows for certain what exactly is being done right now. But I have faith in my hypothesis. L 5.0 wasn't implemented as smoothly as desired (surprise, surprise - no initial release ever goes smoothly) and now they're working on bettering it for release to the rest of the population. I for one am overly happy that the Turbo wasn't chosen as one of their guinea pigs for 5.0, given all the complaints and issues.

So, to answer your question again... I am likely to accept the update when it comes to my Turbo. If for whatever unearthly reason it is 5.0 and not 5.0.1 or 5.1, then I may be hesitant and will question why they took so long to release it to me if it isn't more than the basic 5.0.
    02-09-2015 03:34 PM
    I'm thinking the supposed Soak test that happened a week and a half ago didn't go so well . With my other Moto phones they usually pushed out the update within a week of the soak . Here we are still waiting .
    02-09-2015 06:58 PM
    I'm thinking the supposed Soak test that happened a week and a half ago didn't go so well . With my other Moto phones they usually pushed out the update within a week of the soak . Here we are still waiting .
    I don't think it ever happened. Never saw one before that someone didn't blab about. IMHO, it was either bad information about it starting or, it hasn't happened yet.
    02-09-2015 07:20 PM
    I'm guessing we'll get 5.1 for the initial release. Shouldn't be a terrible transition, considering our phones are pretty stock as is. Hopefully there won't be many bugs, but to think it'll be a clean is a pipe dream.
    02-09-2015 10:59 PM
    I'll probably wait a bit. Lollipop on my Nexus 7 did not improve the overall experience.

Posted via the Android Central App
    anon(9227267) likes this.
    02-09-2015 11:09 PM
    I'm sure that neither Verizon nor Motorola want the headache that comes with a defective OS (Windows 8 anyone?). They will not release Android 5 until its a stable release. Be it 5.0.1 or 5.0.9. I have faith in both Motorola and Verizon to do the right thing. I will accept the update when its available.

02-09-2015 11:49 PM
    Once released, do we have an option not to install it?

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64-gig from Tapatalk.
    02-10-2015 12:18 AM
    Once released, do we have an option not to install it?

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64-gig from Tapatalk.
    All you can do is continue to ignore the install notification, but it will continue to pop up.
    02-10-2015 07:11 AM
    I will take it.

I have some experience with Lollipop 5.0.1. My HTC One got the update a few weeks ago. At first, I didn't like it at all but it grew on me. Still some "new features" I didn't like but whether they'll appear on the Verizon model is a question. My experience updating is that I finally had to do a complete reset in order to get things working properly. I had to and others on the HTC forum recommended it.
    doogald and anon(9227267) like this.
    02-10-2015 07:44 AM
    I think everyone should do an factory reset after a major os update. In place updates just never seem to be perfect.
    anon(9227267) likes this.
    02-10-2015 12:14 PM
    I think everyone should do an factory reset after a major os update. In place updates just never seem to be perfect.
    agree, always did that with my Nexus phones.
    02-10-2015 07:30 PM
    with my Nexus phones there were approximately 2-3 pre updates prior to 5.0. Google basically pre set a bunch of stuff for the big 5.0 OTA update which leads me to believe verizon/motorola may not push 5.01
    02-10-2015 07:37 PM
    On a side note, My couple of years old Nexus 4 got 5.01 about 2 months ago, gotta love a google phone !!!
    02-10-2015 07:48 PM
    I will definitely take the update. I happy with 5.0.2 on my nexus 7

02-10-2015 08:36 PM
    Hard for me to say. I am running an custom ROM, so I may not have some of the issues, but I won't know until I try...
    UnlockedOnly likes this.
    02-11-2015 12:36 AM
    Hard for me to say. I am running an custom ROM, so I may not have some of the issues, but I won't know until I try...
    you are already running custom ROM on the turbo ? which one ? how well is it running ?
    02-11-2015 04:59 PM
    Not a problem with my rooted Razr Maxx and Titanium Backup, but I dread the those of doing a full reset on this Turbo, with no external storage and no root.
    02-11-2015 05:15 PM
    Yep, no doubt that titanium is great on a rooted phone for this, but I've never had a problem with copying storage out to my PC, doing the reset, letting the phone do the app restore from my Google account, copy files back over and then go through settings, ringtones, etc. It usually takes me about an hour.

It definitely should be better. There is really no excuse for Google not to have a mechanism to replicate from a backup the way that you can on iOS. It's probably the thing I hate the most about Android. It sounds like Lollipop will make this better going forward, from what I read.
    02-11-2015 06:03 PM
    you are already running custom ROM on the turbo ? which one ? how well is it running ?
    Didn't realize I posted in the Turbo forum. My fault. Saw the headline and wanted to chime in.

From an AOSP M8
    02-11-2015 10:09 PM