How to delete ALL default wallpapers in Droid Turbo

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I ONLY want the ability to select a custom image OR use downloaded backgrounds as wallpapers. How do I delete all stock ones? I disabled all the live wallpapers in apps, but some are just pictures. Anyway to deep six these?

Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not unless you root your phone, find the wallpaper files and manually delete them. Why would you want them gone? It's not like they take up a ton of space in your phone...

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Because I don't like them and I'd rather have the ones I swap through regularly easier to see. But if they're stuck there, I guess they're stuck there. Oh well it was worth a shot asking. Thanks!

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Because I don't like them and I'd rather have the ones I swap through regularly easier to see. But if they're stuck there, I guess they're stuck there. Oh well it was worth a shot asking. Thanks!

Why not create a folder called My Wallpapers, put all the wallpapers that you like in that folder, then go to that folder when you want to change your wallpaper and don't look at the stock Moto wallpaper folder?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Right, you can open an image in the Gallery app, then there is a menu control top right - one of the settings is "set picture as", where you can choose to use that image as wallpaper. I don't think I've ever looked at the wallpaper picker from the launcher.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Why not create a folder called My Wallpapers, put all the wallpapers that you like in that folder, then go to that folder when you want to change your wallpaper and don't look at the stock Moto wallpaper folder?

Does it work for live wallpapers though? Cause I have several I rotate based on mood.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Does it work for live wallpapers though? Cause I have several I rotate based on mood.

Not sure. I don't think you can gain access to the stock Moto wallpaper folder using a file manager app because I think those folders are hidden. If your live wallpaper is not from Moto I would think you should be able to do it.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure. I don't think you can gain access to the stock Moto wallpaper folder using a file manager app because I think those folders are hidden. If your live wallpaper is not from Moto I would think you should be able to do it.

I am a bit tired. Long Monday. But I'll do some experimenting and see what happens. If not, no big deal.

This is what happens when football season is over and your hockey team isn't on every night. You find inane stuff like this to get into. Or is that insane? Inane, insane, whatever, LOL!