Okay, I know this is an old topic, but something that has been bothering me lately. First, let me say I'm 'satisfied' with my Turbo's battery life. I'm just a min/maxxer who believes I should be able to squeeze even more out of a 3900 mAh battery. The top battery user for me has always been 'cell standby' which typically sits between 30-38% of total usage.

Anyway, I've been monitoring my battery usage the past 2 days as I've been working from home thereby getting a standard/consistent level of signal strength. At home my 4G signal strength floats between -95 dBm and -99 dBm. Not great.. but not terrible either. This typically translates to the UI meter flipping between 2 and 3 bars.

As you see below, my signal strength translates into an olive colored usage bar... (versus the green of signal 'goodness')

Signal Strength and Cell standby/Battery Life-ss1.jpg

Does anyone else have similar signal strength/battery usage patterns? Should the Turbo really have to burn extra battery to pull a signal with a strength between -95 and -99dBm ? Any solutions for this? Or am I expecting too much.....
    02-10-2015 03:03 PM
    It's not to 'pull' signal - the transmitter goes up in power if the received signal is weaker because the tower is getting a weaker signal from the phone too. Since they're in constant communication (not full-time, but a regular handshake for the phone to tell the tower "I'm on this tower" - that's the only way the system knows where your phone is if you get an incoming call), it drains more battery.
    02-10-2015 03:34 PM