My contacts have been driving me up a wall the last few days and I have finally discovered what is happening. Hopefully someone here will have an idea of what is going on and how I might be able to change this...

View #1
    Homescreen - Contacts App - displays only the name and picture of each contact.

View #2
    Homescreen - Phone App (stock app) - All Contacts - displays name, picture and phone number(s) with labels (i.e., mobile, work, etc.)

Why for the love of all things Moto are these two different??
    I prefer view #2 given it displays the phone numbers.
    Is there any way at all to change the settings to where I see view #2 no matter how I access my contacts list?
    This is unbelievably annoying!!

Also, on my old Razr Maxx, when viewing the contacts list, the alphabet was aligned vertically along the right side of the screen and I could jump to a specific letter by touching it.
    Now on my Turbo, there is no alphabet and I can't jump directly to the Ts for example.. I now have to scroll through the entire blasted list.
    Anyone have a way to add the quick-jump alphabet to the Turbo contact list?

Here are pictures to demonstrate my issues. Mainly the different views problem as I don't have my Razr Maxx any longer to show the quick-jump alphabet I'm talking about wanting again.
    Picture 1 is View #1 (contacts app)
    Picture 2 is View #2 (all contacts via phone app)

Contact List - Different Views Problem-screenshot_2015-02-10-15-49-07.jpgContact List - Different Views Problem-screenshot_2015-02-10-15-49-46.jpg
    02-10-2015 04:56 PM
    There are many phone and contact apps in the Play Store. Install them one at a time and keep the pair you like best. You aren't forced to use only the ones that come with the phone.
    02-10-2015 05:13 PM
    I do appreciate your suggestion but I have played with a couple of phone apps, most of which came with their own contacts app.
    While these are all fine and good.. I would really prefer to use the stock phone and contact apps.
    Call me crazy, but it seems like phone manufacturers are dropping the ball and letting stupid crap slide..
    "Oh, what about keeping this feature?" or "What about adding that feature?".. Big boss man's answer is probably "It'll be alright. The end user can just get what they want from the Play Store."
    This does not fly with me.

I am wanting to know if there is a way to make the stock contact list look the same no matter what method you are using to view it.
    It makes no sense to me why the view changes depending on what method you use to open it. No sense at all.
    02-10-2015 05:23 PM
    The reason why is this. ..the phone dialer is made by Google, using Google's contact app. And the regular contact app is made by Motorola. ..so you are actually using two separate contact apps. ..

Posted via the Android Central App
    KA1OTE likes this.
    02-10-2015 06:14 PM
    The reason why is this. ..the phone dialer is made by Google, using Google's contact app. And the regular contact app is made by Motorola. ..so you are actually using two separate contact apps. ..

Posted via the Android Central App
    Probably a no but... is it possible to disable the Motorola Contacts app and only use the Google Contacts app?
    02-10-2015 06:56 PM
    What is your view in the dialer mode?
    02-10-2015 07:56 PM
    What is your view in the dialer mode?
    Contact List - Different Views Problem-screenshot_2015-02-10-15-49-46.jpg
    02-10-2015 11:16 PM
    Looking at the different views, this is what I have come up with: in the dialer mode it only shows contacts that have a phone number or numbers associated with them. This is to allow you to touch the number you want to call, such as home or mobile. In the people app, it shows the contacts that have any information associated with them. There are contacts that I have that only have an email address associated with them and they do not show up in the dialer, since I can't call them.
    jdfrye and D._Manley like this.
    02-11-2015 08:51 AM