Lock screen Notification Issue

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi all! So my wife has a lock screen issue. She has noticed as of late that when she goes to enter her pass code, Facebook notifications will pop up OVER the number pad (if she has an unchecked notification), forcing her to dismiss them before she enters her code to unlock the phone. I haven't run into this because I don't lock my phone (shame on me, I know).

Has anyone else run into this? If so, any way to fix it without shutting off FB notifications? Not a huge issue, but definitely an annoying one.

TIA.

EDIT: I do lock my screen, but just a slide lock, and the issue doesn't happen with it.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I turned of FB notifications a long time ago, because I really don't need to see them until I look for them. But, is this the Facebook app itself, or the Facebook Messenger app? If it's the Messenger app (which I've never had a notification for, so I don't know if this is it), in settings does she have "chat heads" turned on? (Those are circles so should be draggable to another location than the keypad). Or, under notification settings, is "Notification previews" turned on? If so, does turning that off fix it?

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I figured this out. It actually happened to me this morning. Apparently a FB update happened and they added lock screen notifications. Its annoying that they added AND activate it without my approval though. I quickly deactivated it, and will tell my wife to do the same.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I figured this out. It actually happened to me this morning. Apparently a FB update happened and they added lock screen notifications. Its annoying that they added AND activate it without my approval though. I quickly deactivated it, and will tell my wife to do the same.

You know what? You should do a review on the Play Store and downgrade them for adding a feature that you had to opt out of rather than have a splash screen announcing the new feature with a chance to opt in. I did that a few versions ago (well, probably about a year ago) because I always have notifications off for FB and updates used to always turn them back on. I don't think it had anything to do with my review, but that stopped happening.

It's a really good way to let them know that you have a problem with what they did.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon