02-25-2015 02:31 PM
54 123
tools
    There have been weather related issues for the last few days, all up and down the east coast.
    02-18-2015 10:31 AM
    FedEX recognizes but does not observe Presidents Day so the holiday wouldn't be it. Did weather anywhere between you and the warehouse cause an obstacle is the real question
    I track shipments (USPS, UPS and FedEx) on a weekly basis and am familiar with their layouts and methods and also their occasional messages regarding delays due to weather. The phone is being shipped from TN and delivered south of SLC in central Utah. At no time, since the phone was picked up on Sunday, has there been any weather related delay mentioned on the FedEx website.
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    02-18-2015 12:03 PM
    KA1OTE,

Due to the severe weather in the area of our warehouse we are currently experiencing some shipping delays. You can keep up with the status of your claim on Welcome to Phoneclaim.com. We truly appreciate your patience while we work to get you reconnected!
    02-18-2015 12:40 PM
    I've almost always had problems with FedEx. Whenever I watch my items they seem to sit as long as possible at whatever depot processes the shipments. Then they're late as I always predict. This happened in Idaho and Virginia with multiple packages.

One time I almost had an all out fight with them for something I needed ASAP. The driver left a note requesting a specific delivery time. The next day can't and he ignored my request. I attempted to catch the package at their location almost two hours away only to find out that it wasn't there. Then they realized it was lost. I did this after they threatened returning the item to shipper. They called me back the next day... Drove again and it wasn't there. I ended up driving to two other locations, as directed, before I received it.

I've never had anything but problems with them and I refuse to use their services. Sorry I'm so negative. I really hope they follow through and get you that phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-18-2015 12:49 PM
    I've almost always had problems with FedEx. Whenever I watch my items they seem to sit as long as possible at whatever depot processes the shipments. Then they're late as I always predict. This happened in Idaho and Virginia with multiple packages.

One time I almost had an all out fight with them for something I needed ASAP. The driver left a note requesting a specific delivery time. The next day can't and he ignored my request. I attempted to catch the package at their location almost two hours away only to find out that it wasn't there. Then they realized it was lost. I did this after they threatened returning the item to shipper. They called me back the next day... Drove again and it wasn't there. I ended up driving to two other locations, as directed, before I received it.

I've never had anything but problems with them and I refuse to use their services. Sorry I'm so negative. I really hope they follow through and get you that phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    You're not being negative.. you're being realistic and that's what I need right now.

I just had to email my mother to have her text a client I have scheduled for a session today to remind her of her appointment. How terrible is that? Having to resort to using my mother as a middle man to communicate with my clients. Ugh.

Good news is FedEx tracking page has updated and the phone has arrived in the SLC sorting facility as of 9am this morning.

Bad news is there is still no ETA on delivery, which I find rather odd. Then again, I've never personally had a package shipped via FedEx Priority Overnight so I'm not sure what I expected. Perhaps that it would be delivered within 24 hours of being shipped/picked up? Serves me right for trying to interpret the definition of "Overnight".

Ah well. My client ended up needing to cancel so at least there's that silver lining. I can now remain home and (politely) direct all of these questions to Chris, my FedEx delivery guy. That is, if he shows up at all...
    02-18-2015 12:58 PM
    KA1OTE,

Due to the severe weather in the area of our warehouse we are currently experiencing some shipping delays. You can keep up with the status of your claim on Welcome to Phoneclaim.com. We truly appreciate your patience while we work to get you reconnected!
    Okay. I need a way to contact Asurion that does NOT require a phone. Live chat? Email? Something.
    My replacement phone finally just arrived. It is a basic black kevlar.. not my Ballistic Nylon. None of my cases will work with this version.
    I need to speak with Asurion, like, now to ensure I get a BN version out in the mail today for overnight delivery tomorrow.
    PLEASE tell me of a method to contact a customer service rep now. Thank you.
    02-18-2015 04:36 PM
    Okay, Asurion, this is your time to shine. 1150 views of this thread so far. Step up to the plate and deliver some real customer service. You're going to come out of this as a hero or a zero depending on how you handle this fumble.

Good luck to you, KA1OTE.
    KA1OTE likes this.
    02-18-2015 04:47 PM
    My claim was for the Droid Turbo 32GB Ballistic Nylon phone.
    On the final pages of filing the claim, the phone make, model and size were all verified (XT1254BN).
    I was sent XT1254 Black.
    In order for me to have the correct phone shipped out today/tonight via FedEx overnight and delivered tomorrow, I need to speak with customer service very soon.
    If anyone can assist me, I'd appreciate it immensely!
    02-18-2015 04:48 PM
    My claim was for the Droid Turbo 32GB Ballistic Nylon phone.
    On the final pages of filing the claim, the phone make, model and size were all verified (XT1254BN).
    I was sent XT1254 Black.
    In order for me to have the correct phone shipped out today/tonight via FedEx overnight and delivered tomorrow, I need to speak with customer service very soon.
    If anyone can assist me, I'd appreciate it immensely!
    You can activate the phone if necessary and call them immediately! You'll more than likely only need to send back the phone anyways. This is their goof up so activate it and call them. Asurion doesn't search these forums constantly since its not their direct line.

There is no reason for that to happen. The phone is new enough that a comparable model shouldn't apply. They should be able to get you a 32GB BN phone.
    KA1OTE likes this.
    02-18-2015 04:56 PM
    Okay, Asurion, this is your time to shine. 1150 views of this thread so far. Step up to the plate and deliver some real customer service. You're going to come out of this as a hero or a zero depending on how you handle this fumble.

Good luck to you, KA1OTE.
    Thank you for the support. I have reached out to them on their Facebook page. Other than here and FB, I cannot think of any other way to reach them. I have to wait to see if I get a reply or an email address. Or I can call them, but not until my husband resurfaces from the mine and returns home, which will be late tonight. If that is the method I have to use, I can only hope he isn't delayed too long and my call doesn't come too late for the phone to be shipped and delivered to me tomorrow.

If Asurion would just put an email address on their website this would not be much of an ordeal. I cannot believe that I am the first person to have a cell phone claim and who does not have another phone (landlines are really becoming a thing of the past and I would think a company who deals with cell phones would realize that people like me need more than a phone number as a means to access assistance).
    02-18-2015 04:56 PM
    Thanks to Eclipse2K's offered insight (thank you! I just wasn't thinking straight and didn't occur to me to use the phone lol) I inserted my SIM card into the kevlar phone and called Asurion.

I supposedly filed my claim for the wrong phone model. I find that hard to believe since on the final page of the online claim process had me review all of my entries and verify I was filing correctly. But whatever. They are sending me a new 32GB BN Turbo via FedEx Priority Overnight today (although she stated that it will not be delivered until Friday). I should have the shipping confirmation email with tracking number shortly. I explained to the rep that I had put my SIM card into the new (wrong) phone in order to call. She said it would be OK to use the wrong phone until the right (BN) phone arrives, but kindly asked that I perform a factory reset on the wrong phone before returning it.

Here's a problem I have with their return process. They provided a small, slightly padded (bubbles) envelope to return my defective/water-logged BN in. I don't have a problem with that since that phone doesn't work properly. I *DO* have a problem with them wanting me to take a perfectly beautiful (albeit, non-BN) Turbo and put it into an identical barely padded envelope to return back to them. They do not want the box, original documents or turbo charger back. They will not give me a shipping label to return the nice phone back to them in a more secure (boxed) method. Not sure how they can do this. The return labels are USPS and I'm not sure about anyone else, but I have seen some tormented USPS packages arrive on my doorstep which is why I am extremely leery on this return method and very surprised that they are not concerned in the slightest. I plan to take pictures of the wrong phone prior to shipping it back to them in order to cover my booty should it get beat up (surprise, surprise) by USPS during shipment.

All in all, things have turned out for the best for me. My BN Turbo was incapable of performing Moto Migrate with my (eventual) new replacement. Due to Asurion's mistake, I can now setup the wrong phone as my old one was and then use Moto Migrate - thus making the transition much smoother. And I suppose the 'gift' of another Moto turbo wall charger is a bonus as well. Although I am still stunned that they do not want all of that returned.
    cbironman24 and dungoyle like this.
    02-18-2015 06:16 PM
    I understand your concern but since Asurion is an insurance company and the phone is now used it'll be a used or refurbished device. In saying that, you're safe and I've NEVER had a problem. I've sent devices back for speaker static (new but faulty) and never heard back.
    KA1OTE likes this.
    02-18-2015 06:46 PM
    I understand your concern but since Asurion is an insurance company and the phone is now used it'll be a used or refurbished device. In saying that, you're safe and I've NEVER had a problem. I've sent devices back for speaker static (new but faulty) and never heard back.
    Good to know. I was hoping you would chime in given your experiences with them. I appreciate the info. I guess I'll just slide it into the envelope and leave it in the hands of God (since USPS isn't high on my trustworthy list).
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    02-18-2015 07:55 PM
    Good to know. I was hoping you would chime in given your experiences with them. I appreciate the info. I guess I'll just slide it into the envelope and leave it in the hands of God (since USPS isn't high on my trustworthy list).
    Yeah, the USPS is only good for saying a package will be delivered one day and delaying it 5 days. Lol
    02-18-2015 08:04 PM
    Depending on the price of shipping, it may be that the number of units damaged when shipped in padded envelopes are a smaller loss than the shipping of a more protected box. I'm sure that Assurion is pretty smart about something like that (though, of course, almost every return is a damaged unit anyway...)
    02-18-2015 08:11 PM
    Yeah, the USPS is only good for saying a package will be delivered one day and delaying it 5 days. Lol
    I don't know why USPS even bother with a tracking system. Stop wasting my tax (stamp) dollars on your tracking web site and just deliver my mail d@mnit!
    02-19-2015 05:30 AM
    http://www.squaretrade.com

You should use Square Trade over Asurion. Check out their website:
    02-19-2015 06:34 AM
    http://www.squaretrade.com

You should use Square Trade over Asurion. Check out their website:
    I can say that I have used square trade for a smartphone and I recommend against it. They insisted on repairing the device rather than replace it, and the turnaround was a full week. Also, the phone never worked properly afterwards. They fixed the problem (the earpiece was ruined when a gel material leaked into it in my pocket), but I was not impressed with their service. I ended up buying a replacement device outright.

I've also used assurion and, while I now find their pricing too high now so I no longer feel the need to do so, I had a much better experience with a few phone replacements (my son had two as well as my own issue).

Yes, I know it's anecdotal, but people should know that square trade has the right to decide to repair a device rather than replace it, and you may go many days without it while they repair it.
    02-19-2015 06:50 AM
    I can say that I have used square trade for a smartphone and I recommend against it. They insisted on repairing the device rather than replace it, and the turnaround was a full week. Also, the phone never worked properly afterwards. They fixed the problem (the earpiece was ruined when a gel material leaked into it in my pocket), but I was not impressed with their service. I ended up buying a replacement device outright.

I've also used assurion and, while I now find their pricing too high now so I no longer feel the need to do so, I had a much better experience with a few phone replacements (my son had two as well as my own issue).

Yes, I know it's anecdotal, but people should know that square trade has the right to decide to repair a device rather than replace it, and you may go many days without it while they repair it.
    I have not had that happen to me yet. I dropped my phone and they sent me a new one and an envelope to send my broken phone back and it was sent over night.
    02-19-2015 06:55 AM
    KA1OTE,

We have multiple avenues where you can contact us. In addition to Facebook and Twitter, we also have online chat available on phoneclaim.com. You can also email us at socialmediateam@asurion.com. As discussed on Facebook, please keep us updated and let us know when your second replacement arrives. If there is anything more we can do to assist, feel free to reach out to us via social media or email.
    02-19-2015 10:45 AM
    Well now... it's been about 20 hours since I spoke with customer service and I still have no tracking number email. Took it upon myself to check Asurion's site (Claim Status) and lo and behold I now have a tracking number. They are beginning to slack on this in my opinion.. I should've received that info via email without having to go hunting. But, meh. Seems they are opting to go with UPS this time around. UPS Next Day Air is the method. It is 'scheduled' to be delivered tomorrow, Friday.

Here is where I run into another area where Asurion is slacking. I spoke with cust service around 5pm (their time) Wednesday. Their website displays a shipping table that says if you file your claim on - insert day - by 12amCST, your replacement phone will arrive by - insert day. My info was Wednesday by 6pmCST, so according to their chart it should arrive the next day (today). I am curious as to how they can achieve this standard they have set for themselves when my replacement didn't ship Wednesday night making it down right impossible for a Thursday delivery. They didn't even create the UPS shipping label until today at 9amCST (according to UPS). Tick off yet another star for severe slacking issues. Why in the world did they not box it up and send the info to UPS last night? Makes no sense. Also, if my first replacement sent via FedEx (picked up Sun, delivered on Wed) is anything to go off of, then I will not see this phone until next week. UPS does not deliver in my rural area on weekends while FedEx does. I suppose all I can do is sit and wait and see how this round plays out.
    02-19-2015 01:26 PM
    Let us take a further look into this for you and see what's going on. Typically, shipping can take 1 to 2 business days. Please email us at socialmediateam@asurion.com with your claim number and the best number to reach you. We'd love to speak with you further about your experience.
    02-19-2015 01:40 PM
    Just an update: I have now received the tracking number email from Asurion.

Let us take a further look into this for you and see what's going on. Typically, shipping can take 1 to 2 business days. Please email us at socialmediateam@asurion.com with your claim number and the best number to reach you. We'd love to speak with you further about your experience.
    I am unsure of what can be done at this point as the (correct?) replacement is now supposedly in the hands of UPS, however I have sent an email as per your request.
    02-19-2015 01:59 PM
    So I have spoken with Leslie from Asurion. She was extremely willing to listen to my constructive criticism and feedback regarding a number of issues I've experienced so far. Although I was not seeking any compensation for the issues and delays, she offered to send me a $25 Visa gift card. Unexpected, but certainly didn't turn it down.. will serve well for another case or glass screen protector. She verified that my second replacement is indeed in the system as a 32GB BN version. So far, the UPS site has yet to update from the 'label has been created' status so I am quite skeptical that it will be delivered by tomorrow. It would take a miracle for a Friday delivery at this point. Looking more and more like a Monday or Tuesday arrival right now. She will give me a courtesy call tomorrow to check on and discuss the claim status with me. She understood, agreed with and addressed my hesitation to return the new Turbo Black I have right now in the simple bubble envelope via USPS and will be sending me a FedEx envelope to use instead. Not sure if that will offer the phone more protection over the USPS one I have, but at least it won't be in USPS hands.
    JFH8 likes this.
    02-19-2015 10:19 PM
    Thank you for providing us with your contact information KA1OTE. We enjoyed speaking with you and we appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve the services we offer. As discussed we will follow up with you until the completion of your claim. Once the phone arrives, we'll also get the Fed-Ex envelope sent out to you. This is a larger envelope that will be able to hold the phone and all of it's packaging. If there is anything more we can do to assist, please let us know. Thanks!
    02-20-2015 10:31 AM
54 123