02-25-2015 03:31 PM
54 123
tools
    Droid Turbo 32GB Ballistic Nylon is now in my hands. Asurion came through and on their second attempt got the right phone to me. Just wish it hadn't taken nearly a week to do so. Anyhoo, I am working to get it setup and transfer settings and whatnot from the wrong replacement phone before I return it. Just need to get my original BN and the first replacement in the mail to them. Simply waiting on the promised FedEx envelope for the replacement return. As for my original (water-logged) BN, I've been trying to get my pictures off of it. Connected it to my laptop via USB, but the blasted thing just turns on, goes through the start up motions and sounds and then reboots itself before my laptop can even register any connection. If it would just stay on long enough for my laptop to recognize it, I could access the pictures. Ah well, at least I tried. So much for recovering the shots I took at my Grandpa's 90th birthday party.
    02-21-2015 05:06 PM
    Please, for your own piece of mind, from now on choose one of the automatic photo upload services (google+, Dropbox, Box, Flickr, etc.) Do it right now on that new phone so you'll never lose another photo again.

They can all be set to upload only on wifi, even only when charging, if you're worried about data charges or battery drain.

Everybody, do this right now, if you haven't already. You're just an accidental drop in a puddle away (or even a fluke hardware failure away) from losing any photos or videos you haven't backed up. Set something up that does it automatically so you don't even have to think about it.
    spotnjack and JFH8 like this.
    02-21-2015 07:24 PM
    Update
    FedEx envelope received as promised yesterday. I slipped the first replacement non-BN in and dropped it off. It was delivered to/received by Asurion this morning. One down.
    Using the included USPS envelope, I mailed my original BN off yesterday. It is expected to be delivered this Friday (weather permitting). One to go.
    As for my BN replacement, it is running smooth and fast. All is well on the West(ern) Utah Front.
    JFH8 likes this.
    02-24-2015 08:12 PM
    Update
    The $25 Visa gift card that was offered to me by the rep was just delivered by FedEx. Didn't understand why my FedEx guy was coming down my driveway as I am not expecting any deliveries from him today. Kudos and props to Asurion for following through with their promises. I received the FedEx envelope for returning the first replacement phone and now the gift card that I had honestly forgotten about being offered. Now, as long as there aren't any hiccups in their receiving and billing departments and I don't mistakenly get charged for not returning the phones that I did return.. this will turn out to be a successful experience.
    02-25-2015 03:31 PM
54 123