All the time. Every time I look at my phone it's searching and finding location. I guess I don't mind so much it's finding me but if I readjust my **** in chair as I watch TV... It has to tell me it's finding my new location. If it has to, it has to but I don't need a notification every 10 seconds telling me about it.

How do I turn this off? I've unchecked location notification in just about everything I can in settings but it's still doing it

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-16-2015 09:45 AM
    Constantly!

Attached Thumbnails Location found notification-2583.jpg  
    02-16-2015 09:46 AM
    Seems like I only see this when I am actually running a location based app. Do you have Mapps or something similar running in the background?
    02-16-2015 09:57 AM
    have you checked the device location service for Motorola and one the from Google ? (the setting that locates your device if lost or stolen)
    02-16-2015 10:51 AM
    Yep. I started a thread a while back about this. I hate it.
    02-16-2015 11:57 AM
    Yep. I started a thread a while back about this. I hate it.
    I do not have this issue with my turbo, maybe a screenshot of your running Apps can help us pin point the issue.
    02-16-2015 12:04 PM
    Not a matter of what apps are running. Lots of stuff use my location. I just don't want to be annoyed by the notification... Constantly... There...no reprieve...
    02-16-2015 01:42 PM
    Not a matter of what apps are running. Lots of stuff use my location. I just don't want to be annoyed by the notification... Constantly... There...no reprieve...
    Exactly. I don't mind that it's tracking me. I just don't want to know about if I go to kitchen. And then back to the living room.

02-16-2015 02:32 PM
    This is the whole reason I turned off Moto assist for driving and home
    02-17-2015 07:42 PM
    I have the driving assist off. Still finding my location.

02-18-2015 10:33 AM
    Does this show up in the notification shade as well? If so, if you long-press on the notification, a small "app info" will pop up. If you tap that, which app is showing up?
    02-18-2015 10:40 AM
    Does this show up in the notification shade as well? If so, if you long-press on the notification, a small "app info" will pop up. If you tap that, which app is showing up?
    I put that in the thread I started a while back. I believe its "GPS notifier" and it isn't removable or disable-able.
    02-18-2015 11:48 AM
    I put that in the thread I started a while back. I believe its "GPS notifier" and it isn't removable or disable-able.
    I think you would need a third party app like Titanium Backup where you can freeze an app like "GPS notifier"
    02-18-2015 03:26 PM
    I changed it from high accuracy to battery saver and it went away

maxman1 likes this.
    02-18-2015 08:39 PM
    I changed it from high accuracy to battery saver and it went away
    I don't think you will be able to use that mode for Navigation as it doesn't use GPS and you will get a pop-up every time you start Navigation to change back.
    02-18-2015 09:01 PM
    I guess it depends on how much you use navigation. I don't so its worth it to not have the location notification popping up ALL THE TIME.

02-18-2015 10:24 PM
    I guess it depends on how much you use navigation. I don't so its worth it to not have the location notification popping up ALL THE TIME.

Far as I can tell, navigation is the only thing that requires high accuracy mode. I use power saving mode routinely and if navigation is needed only takes a few seconds to make the change.
    02-18-2015 10:36 PM
    Lot's of people use Navigation enough where it could be annoying and I thought they should know that this may not be a good solution for them. That's all.
    02-18-2015 10:37 PM
    Lot's of people use Navigation enough where it could be annoying and I thought they should know that this may not be a good solution for them. That's all.
    Sure. If I used Nav frequently I'd just leave it on - difference in battery use is minimal. Tradeoff I guess on the location indicator for those who have need to leave on full-time.
    02-18-2015 11:06 PM
    If you use the Command Center widget and you want to have location set to high accuracy, turn off notifications for Command Center. This weirdly worked for most of a day. Then once Chrome was opened it came back as usual.

So, going into Google Location Reporting(at the bottom of Location settings) and turning everything to off has cut back on the frequency of the notification(although on WiFi it is still quite active) and when it does appear it self clears in about 7sec. So, it's still annoying but at least it doesn't have to be cleared manually.

That is the best possible situation available I believe, until there's a fix via Motorolla of course. It still allows High Accuracy locating so Navigation works as it should, it's not necessary to uncheck any other notification boxes, & requires no action for the notification to clear.

I suppose some folks, Google in particular, won't be happy because Location Reporting features are all set to off. But, I think for end users it is a very small price to pay.
    02-23-2015 03:29 PM