WiFi Hotshot?

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Can we make a wifi hotspot with the Turbo?

My s4 would do it but can't remember if just a samsung feature or Android..

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
A WiFi Hotspot can be accomplished on the Turbo, only by paying Verizon a monthly fee. When/If root is available for the Turbo, you may be able to do it free.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If you have a shared data plan, or a single plan with capped data, the built-in mobile hotspot app should work fine. (I have an iPad on my shared plan so I just use that, with its much better battery, the few times I need hotspot access.)

Only grandfathered unlimited data plan owners need to pay a $30 monthly fee.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
If you have a shared data plan, or a single plan with capped data, the built-in mobile hotspot app should work fine. (I have an iPad on my shared plan so I just use that, with its much better battery, the few times I need hotspot access.)

Only grandfathered unlimited data plan owners need to pay a $30 monthly fee.

Can you tell me more about this? I thought that my plan required me to pay $30 monthly if I wanted this feature. How would I know if I can get it for free? When I had my Razr Maxx, I used root and altered the database to not check for this permission. Not sure why it would be any different now, meaning the ability to get this for free. Please explain.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
ok thanks. Is it pre-installed app or must we download something from vzw?

Edit: I found it - under setting go and then more....

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
If it helps anybody... I used pdanet+ and foxfi on my g2 with laptop. I'll see if I can get it working on the DT. They are free and worked great when I needed mobile data for my computer. My phone wasn't rooted and on Verizon. I think it was android 4.2 though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance