See attachment. You'll see I'm not app-heavy which is causing me suspicion. Motorola published 48 hours of use between full charges. I've been checking email and did minimal web surfing. It's not terrible, but at the rate at which my Turbo is being used (minimal) I wonder if my battery has a defect. Screen and stand-by? And I'm below 50%? Seems like Motorola embellished a bit in their battery life capacity statement.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Normal Battery Discharge?-5935.jpg  
    02-17-2015 05:53 PM
    I've found 'Screen' (on) to be the biggest drain so far. And if not that, then Cell Standby (for example 41% at the moment ... screen has not been on much in last 24 hours)

However, even so ... I'm typically only discharging 25%-30% per day, with texting, a voice call or two. Not really a heavy app user. I have 4-5 apps that are running in the background and seem to be using minimal battery.
    I also have two different battery apps running. I rarely if ever use wifi (nothing really available near me ... and I'm 'wired' at home). And if I want the weather ... I just hit up the Google News and Weather app (or look outdoors). No need to have a weather app running full time.
    So, overall I rate the Turbo battery stellar!

BTW have you seen this post in Weatherbug:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...ery-drain.html

= ==
    MA2GA28 likes this.
    02-17-2015 06:03 PM
    Yeah Weather Bug seems to be a battery hog. I'd get rid of it, but I like how intuitive it is.

02-17-2015 06:08 PM
    I've found 'Screen' (on) to be the biggest drain so far. And if not that, then Cell Standby (for example 41% at the moment ... screen has not been on much in last 24 hours)

However, even so ... I'm typically only discharging 25%-30% per day, with texting, a voice call or two. Not really a heavy app user. I have 4-5 apps that are running in the background and seem to be using minimal battery.
    I also have two different battery apps running. I rarely if ever use wifi (nothing really available near me ... and I'm 'wired' at home). And if I want the weather ... I just hit up the Google News and Weather app (or look outdoors). No need to have a weather app running full time.
    So, overall I rate the Turbo battery stellar!

BTW have you seen this post in Weatherbug:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...ery-drain.html

= ==
    Haha, I see I'm not alone. I like comprehensive weather apps, and everyone I've tried and like consume an abnormally high amount of battery. Considering this battery is almost the same size as the Nexus 7 tablet (50 mAh less) I thought I could use my battery liberally.

02-17-2015 06:13 PM
    Another note, even though weatherbug has that 9% usage listed, it is actually more than that because of all that it influences such as keeping the device out of deep sleep to sync etc. What was your screen on time there?
    02-17-2015 08:02 PM
    How's your network signal? Are you in relatively remote area?
    02-17-2015 08:13 PM
    Another note, even though weatherbug has that 9% usage listed, it is actually more than that because of all that it influences such as keeping the device out of deep sleep to sync etc. What was your screen on time there?
    48 min 59 sec Weather Bug
    3 hr 43 min screen time

02-17-2015 08:14 PM
    -81 dBm

02-17-2015 08:16 PM
    Well, based on your screen on time. Your battery is not bad, not bad at all.
    02-17-2015 08:28 PM
    I agree ^. The thing is, chances are if your on this forum and use 4 hours of battery a day you are considered a heavy user
    02-17-2015 09:02 PM
    Motorola (really, verizon in this case; the Droids are their brand, Motorola just makes them under contract) always exaggerates the battery life. Always expect to get at a minimum half what they advertise, maybe more if you're a light user. In the case of the turbo, that's still great.
    02-18-2015 06:36 AM
    That I wouldn't agree with. I consistently get much better than the 48 hrs. Thats with charging when my phone hits 25%. If I went to 0, id get 4-5 days
    02-18-2015 10:04 AM
    Screen on time is the biggest drain, but that's only half the story. You also have to take into consideration screen brightness. If that's cranked up, it eats juice in a hurry. For example, I've gotten a bit over 6 hours screen time with screen brightness on automatic and had about 18% battery remaining. I've since turned my screen brightness to about 30-35% of maximum and get even longer times between charges.

According to GSam battery monitor my average battery life is 2 days, 5.5 hours with an average screen on time of 3 hr. 43 minutes.

The OP has about 3 1/2 hours screen time and it looks like he would run out in 21 hours or so. That's not exactly stellar battery life. I've got Weather Bug and it typically consumes less than 0.3% of battery life. I think the OP likely has GPS set to high accuracy instead of battery saving. Or has Weather Bug using the location services a lot, accounting for higher battery draw for that app.
    02-18-2015 10:56 AM
    See attachment. You'll see I'm not app-heavy which is causing me suspicion. Motorola published 48 hours of use between full charges. I've been checking email and did minimal web surfing. It's not terrible, but at the rate at which my Turbo is being used (minimal) I wonder if my battery has a defect. Screen and stand-by? And I'm below 50%? Seems like Motorola embellished a bit in their battery life capacity statement.

With all due respect, your 1st mistake is believing what Verizon/Motorola tells you. As with anything, always reduce advertised claims by half, in order to be more in-line with actual expected results. That being said, I've been reading of horror stories concerning WB draining the battery, way more than it should. I appears you've been impacted by that issue. Also, since Cell Standby is the next largest consumer, right after your screen time, I'd make sure you're not in spotty coverage areas for an extended period of time.
    02-18-2015 11:23 AM
    That I wouldn't agree with. I consistently get much better than the 48 hrs. Thats with charging when my phone hits 25%. If I went to 0, id get 4-5 days
    Ditto ... almost exactly the same for me.

Let's face it ... 'battery life' (or the lack thereof) is probably one of the most subjective subjects that can be discussed :-)
    02-18-2015 01:35 PM
    "Screen on time is the biggest drain, but that's only half the story. You also have to take into consideration screen brightness. If that's cranked up,"
    Yes ... I failed to mention brightness ... and you are exactly right. I typically keep my brightness at 15%, unless outside.
    And the problem with Motorola/Verizon (et al) is that ... they don't seem to give any clue under what operating conditions you will get the specified battery life. So again, a VERY subject spec at best.
    All I can say for sure is ... compared to my Nokia Icon (WinPhone) and HTC M8 Winphone - both of which I had since last March - the battery life on the Turbo - doing pretty much the exact same things ... is easily 3-4 times better than what I experienced with those phones. Hence - me using the word 'stellar' :-)
    02-18-2015 01:42 PM
    "
    All I can say for sure is ... compared to my Nokia Icon (WinPhone) and HTC M8 Winphone - both of which I had since last March - the battery life on the Turbo - doing pretty much the exact same things ... is easily 3-4 times better than what I experienced with those phones. Hence - me using the word 'stellar' :-)
    Yes, my battery life is "stellar" as well, but the OP's? Not so much....but it could be with some tweaks.
    02-18-2015 03:18 PM
    There are some people on this topic achieving the advertised 48 hours. Some others aren't. One poster said to divide the "claimed time" by two. I think that's a little excessive. There has been 3rd party speculation challenging the 48 hour Motorola claim. But on a 3900 mAh battery, with screen time and Weather Bug being the offenders, I wouldn't make 24 hours of on time with very little usage.

My Nexus 7 (2013) on the Verizon network almost doubles my Turbo on time, and the batteries are virtually identical in terms of mAh. A 7" screen with only 50 mAh more than my Turbo and the Nexus 7 is constantly on Wi-Fi or the network. It doesn't make sense. No applications besides Weather Bug present as battery hogs. However today, I did about 10% better. My signal strength is almost never below -105 dBm. At home, I'm -80 to -85 dBm. At home, the Turbo is on Wi-Fi. At work, I'm on CDMA.

02-18-2015 05:47 PM
    Ive found through my battery life statistical analysis that brightness level is not significantly impacting battery life. I have tested the lowest brightness as well as auto brightness (which is mostly near full anyway because of being in bright rooms all day), and there is no noticeable difference. The screen in general does however use the most %
    02-18-2015 08:51 PM
    Accu weather is a less of a drain and so is if your l poo cal new station has a weather app havent used weather bug in years

02-18-2015 09:02 PM
    I have tried all kinds of weather apps and they always use up too much battery for me. I keep a bookmark on my homescreen for NOAA for my town
    02-19-2015 12:32 PM
    I have tried all kinds of weather apps and they always use up too much battery for me. I keep a bookmark on my homescreen for NOAA for my town
    I'd venture to say you're not configuring them properly, as in they're refreshing to often, etc.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64-gig from Tapatalk.
    02-19-2015 07:08 PM
    the thing is I usually only check twice a day, alot (like weatherbug) cannot be programmed to manual, even th ones that do I dont like how when you exit they still run in the back round unless you force close them. and then theres the annoying ads!...ill stick with a short cut to noaa, no need for another program to do what a quick webpage can do
    02-19-2015 09:43 PM