motorola droid turbo email help - do not want to delete emails from phone & desktop both

Terri Sell

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
when emails are deleted from phone, they are also deleted from desktop Outlook 2010 (GoDaddy is email supplier). Where do I change the settings? on the phone or desktop email? and what do I need to set them to? IMAP or POP? thanks

Ken_GoDaddy

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
@Terri Sell,

I'm with GoDaddy and came across your post.

It does sounds like your Droid Turbo is set up using IMAP settings which sync changes (if you have read an email or deleted it) across devices.

If you don't wish emails to be updated on your desktop client when deleting them off your phone you will need to update your email settings on your device to use POP settings instead. The following link will provide you with additional information on doing this.

https://support.godaddy.com/help/article/4906/android-setting-up-workspace-email

When setting up your email with POP settings make sure to select the option to keep a copy of the messages on the server. Otherwise, your phone will pull a copy of new emails when it checks the server but will delete it off the server, which means when you check the email on Outlook those emails will not be there.

Should you have any additional questions our support teams can assist you further. Please visit Support.GoDaddy.com to contact our support teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze