iVoler Update

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
For some reason the thread I have posted on regarding the iVoler is no longer a valid link(?) so I figured I would create a new thread.

Here is an email I just sent to iVoler. It says everything I would like to share with everyone including my experiences with their 0.2mm tempered screen glass for our Turbos. As stated in the email, I am pleased with the way the first one went on. And sadly, that Turbo is being replaced by insurance so there goes the only iVoler I have had success with.

I am now on the hunt for another brand that is tried and true and isn't 'down-payment-required' expensive. I'll be reading the other threads, but please feel free to point me in the right direction if you have any info on a brand, positive or negative.

**Email Begins**

Good evening,

I am sorry to report that the replacement did not work.

I have now purchased and received four of the iVoler Premium Tempered Glass Screens for the Droid Turbo and only one of them has been applied/installed with any amount of success.

Here is my Amazon Order history:

#1 Order # -- Installed fine. Phone replaced by insurance, so I purchased another iVoler (Order #3 listed here).

#2 Order # -- Defective (haloed). Refund received, replacement purchased.

#3 Order # -- Defective (haloed).

#4 Order # -- Defective (haloed). (This is the replacement purchased with refund from order #2 listed here.)

I am done with your product until it is no longer an extreme case of hit or miss. The quality seems to be all over the board and not consistent whatsoever. Please refund me for Order #3 above. A complete refund and not a discount code for another item.

Once you have accomplished consistency over all of your stock of this product, I will be more than happy to try it again. The first one I purchased (Order #1 listed above) installed beautifully so I know that it is possible for this to work as intended. But until the odds of receiving an exact cut product (no haloing) is 100% (and not my currently experienced 25%), I will not purchase another. I hope you do not delay in fixing this fitment issue for too long as I do like your product and intend to try again in the future, once you can ensure the cut has been perfected more.

Thank you,

**Email Ends**

Picture of my Turbo on the left (perfect install), husband's on the right
There is most certainly a quality control issue here. The screen on my husband's phone lined up perfectly over mine during a dry fit test. They were cut identical. I was OCD and made sure to line it up exactly the same as mine. There is no reason for his to not have fit as well as mine did.

IMG_1088.jpg

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
If you're really brave, this should link you to a $7.99 Xtreme Guard Tempered Glass deal. Experiences on the forum are mixed with haloing, but I have had two fitments without issue. It's a fairly low cost risk if you want to roll the dice. They sometimes drop as low as $6, but this was the best deal I could find today.

Edit: Link removed. It was not the tempered glass. However, If I run across a valid link and/or coupon, I will share it with you if you're interested.

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I've been reading on the Xtreme Guard brand here on the forum. However that link is not for a tempered glass protector.. must be a plastic one as the install instructions included water and soap? Not going to go that route ever again since there are glass protectors available. The EG glass protector does seem to be a hit or miss for most who are reporting in about it. It's a good deal, but as for feeling brave.. LOL! I've already been through the wringer with iVoler so I think it is safe to say I am not feeling all that brave at the moment. Just tired and wanting something I can buy and know will have some semblance of actual fitment. I've gone ahead and purchased a Mime, set to arrive next week. From what I can gather, it seems to be one of the top glass protectors available and has mostly positive feedback and reviews. Considering all of the money I've already put out on four iVolers, I figure I can afford to give Mime a shot.

Edit: Thanks for your edit. Being one who is always up for a deal, I'd be lying if I wasn't interested in trying out the EG tempered glass. I am kind of stuck.. want quality and am willing to pay for such but am also (kind of still) willing to give the cheapies a chance as well. For $7.99, or less, I figure I can't lose too much if I get a miss as opposed to a hit.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I too had issues with many protectors. Here is my history:

1.) iVoler went on okay, but not great. Plenty of Halo but it never expanded into the display so it was acceptable but not ideal.

2.) Liquid damaged Turbo with Pepsi, order another iVoler. This time the Halo was unacceptable and onto the display.

3.) iVoler again, went on worse then #2. Removed and got an Amazon gift card refund.

4.) Verizon Flexible Glass - Smaller then the rest which is fine by me as it doesn't mess up. Feels like plastic, removed.

5.) MIME fit good (slight Halo up top) but nothing bad. Unfortunately, my experience was sour as the front sensors didn't work while installed. I'm an isolated case here and it may be because I aligned it to far up? Although I followed another persons install and he didn't have that issue. No big deal, refund issued.

6)Forgot to mention I tried an ExtremeGuard. Worst fit of them all. Not recommended! Got a refund.

7) Verizon just shipped my Tempered Glass today. This is my last option before I go without one or just deal with the Flexible Glass. I anticipate the fit of the Tempered Glass to be similar to the Flexible Glass to accommodate for the 2D Glass. That's fine by me, I just want at least the surface area of Flexible Glass covered.

I figure many issues are because these companies try to go edge to edge as much as possible. However, between quality control and possibly even a centimeter off the alignment of others can set off a chain reaction to bad halo effects on all sides. A smaller protector would be ideal. Look at the Note 4 - companies including Zagg have gone short but the fit is consistent.

Erick Garnica

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Get mime droid turbo screen protector. It's amazing and best one I have encountered. Worth the price for the packaging is very unique plus the quality of the glass is superb! I have tried xtreme, ivoler, and the other brand that makes tempered glass. None come close to mime

Posted via the Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Get mime droid turbo screen protector. It's amazing and best one I have encountered. Worth the price for the packaging is very unique plus the quality of the glass is superb! I have tried xtreme, ivoler, and the other brand that makes tempered glass. None come close to mime

I had a bad experience with MIME but that's an exception to the rule. Everyone seems to love it but mine hindered my sensors from working properly. I love MIME though, high quality glass. I'll probably try them again if the Verizon Tempered Glass (not Flexible) is poor.

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
My ivoler only had hallo effect on the bottom of the glass. My mime has halo effect on all four sides of the glass. I don't have any sensor issues like you though.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
For those having issues still just get the Verizon Tempered Glass. This is new and not the plastic like Flexible Glass. The cut is smaller like the Flexible to accommodate for the 2D display but it has no halo effect at all.

Attachments

• 1424580178301.jpg
    1424580178301.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 39

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
For those having issues still just get the Verizon Tempered Glass. This is new and not the plastic like Flexible Glass. The cut is smaller like the Flexible to accommodate for the 2D display but it has no halo effect at all.

Does it completely cover the buttons? Some said it only covered half of them making dragging... a drag.

Have any pic with it on?

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Does it completely cover the buttons? Some said it only covered half of them making dragging... a drag.

Have any pic with it on?

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo.

Those people placed it too high. The red dotted matrix that helps align it shows it will cover the buttons. I couldn't get a good picture since I don't have other cameras but you can see it does reach the bottom of the buttons.

Truth be told this is out only option for a clean fit each time. Zagg and others realized this on the Note 4 and cut it short too. I would rather there be a little more height to it but not at the cost of halo effects.

Attachments

• 1424645052515.jpg
    1424645052515.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 34

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I've been reading on the Xtreme Guard brand here on the forum...

Edit: Thanks for your edit. Being one who is always up for a deal, I'd be lying if I wasn't interested in trying out the EG tempered glass. I am kind of stuck.. want quality and am willing to pay for such but am also (kind of still) willing to give the cheapies a chance as well. For $7.99, or less, I figure I can't lose too much if I get a miss as opposed to a hit.

Tada! Almost 90% off. I found an 85% off coupon. Go to the Turbo page here: Motorola Droid Turbo Screen Protector

Select the Spartan Tempered Glass and enter XG85Off coupon code from your shopping cart for 85% off. $9.00 total.

rdimedic

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

Do you think you could use the otterbox defender with this screen protector?

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Tada! Almost 90% off. I found an 85% off coupon. Go to the Turbo page here: Motorola Droid Turbo Screen Protector

Select the Spartan Tempered Glass and enter XG85Off coupon code from your shopping cart for 85% off. $9.00 total.

Thanks for sharing! I am a coupon guru and always appreciate the work of others of my species. ;)
Given the reviews, here and on Amazon, and the fact that I have a Mime arriving in the next few days.. I am going to hold off on the Spartan for right now.

Ch4dders

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I would be wary of the spartan tempered glass screen protector. I went through two at their current promotional rate and had zero luck. There was a horrible halo on all sides of the screen and no matter what I tried, nothing worked. Best of luck...

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I would be wary of the spartan tempered glass screen protector. I went through two at their current promotional rate and had zero luck. There was a horrible halo on all sides of the screen and no matter what I tried, nothing worked. Best of luck...

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

Same here. Two installs and both were equally terrible.
BUT, you paid how much for them? I'd rather have a failed install for $6-$8 than a failed install for $20+. I've installed 2 with no issues. There have been other success stories as well. I know, I'm starting to sound like an Xtreme Guard cheerleader, and I hate that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying "Get these now! They're a bargain and can't miss solution!". But they are an extremely cheap potential alternative that has worked for some and not others. I would not steer others away from it when it has not bee an across the board failure, and based on complaints of every other (more expensive) brand out there, it's worth a try just as much as any other brand. The new Verizon Tempered Glass solution seems to be the only "solid" one out there right now, but I think Eclipse2K (who I have the greatest respect for and has suffered many installation woes when it comes to Droid protectors) is the only board member rocking one right now, so we only have the one experience to go by. I hope that it turns out that the new VZW product is a perfect fit for everyone, but until I hear more testimonials, it's just another roll of the dice to me.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
BUT, you paid how much for them? I'd rather have a failed install for $6-$8 than a failed install for $20+. I've installed 2 with no issues. There have been other success stories as well. I know, I'm starting to sound like an Xtreme Guard cheerleader, and I hate that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying "Get these now! They're a bargain and can't miss solution!". But they are an extremely cheap potential alternative that has worked for some and not others. I would not steer others away from it when it has not bee an across the board failure, and based on complaints of every other (more expensive) brand out there, it's worth a try just as much as any other brand. The new Verizon Tempered Glass solution seems to be the only "solid" one out there right now, but I think Eclipse2K (who I have the greatest respect for and has suffered many installation woes when it comes to Droid protectors) is the only board member rocking one right now, so we only have the one experience to go by. I hope that it turns out that the new VZW product is a perfect fit for everyone, but until I hear more testimonials, it's just another roll of the dice to me.

The only reason the Verizon protector works is that its cut smaller than the rest. If the others followed the same dimensions they would all be fine. Verizon even has a red dotted matrix to follow during an install to make sure you put it on right. Follow that and [hopefully] we see consistency but I assume we will.

You're right though all experiences have varied with these protectors. That's the frustrating part about the whole thing. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21