What's the new update? (not Lollipop)

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a new update available. It's system version 21.44.12 and latest one we got in December that I have is 21.44.8

Anybody know what this does or affects?

Posted via the Android Central App

jfrancis214

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Just some bug fixes, fixed i am guessing the stock email app fixes, and a update to the command center widget. The widget was not updating corectly.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
No change in battery life for me. I'm not sure how the things in this update could really impact battery life.

dcallan

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
My battery life IS better. If, I am to believe the GSam app. Basically, it's the same when using it, but standby power cut close to 50%. So, battery life is up about 25%. Nifty.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
These updates will wipe the cache partition. Many people argue that doing so improves battery life, and if you are seeing better battery life after the update, you may be proving it.

It'll probably go back to normal after a few days. This seems to be a very minor update...

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, I always do a cache wipe after OTA updates & did so with this one. I detect no discernable difference in my phone but then, had no problems beforehand either.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not one to believe I get better battery life after updates but for some reason my battery is barely budging. I'm at 75% after 11 hours on and 2.5 hours screen on time. I watched an hour long show this morning too. Normally I would be coming close to 50%. We'll see what tomorrow brings I guess. Real or placebo?

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Well the advanced calling still doesn't work.

If not in a perfect area I can't even make a call. I have 4 bars here at my house with lte listed at the top by my bars and can't make a call unless I turn it off.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Well the advanced calling still doesn't work.

If not in a perfect area I can't even make a call. I have 4 bars here at my house with lte listed at the top by my bars and can't make a call unless I turn it off.

I'd have it replaced - that's no bug, it's a defect. I have only 2 bars normally @ home & Advanced Calling works flawlessly including, video calls & simultaneous voice & data.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I'd have it replaced - that's no bug, it's a defect. I have only 2 bars normally @ home & Advanced Calling works flawlessly including, video calls & simultaneous voice & data.

Mine will just say dialing... Then disconnect with the call time saying 0:00.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine will just say dialing... Then disconnect with the call time saying 0:00.

Maybe have Verizon replace your SIM card and see if it helps.

Also, the update seems to have fixed the delay in people hearing me/me hearing them while using VoLTE. This is great news! Volume seems louder too.

Last edited:

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Maybe have Verizon replace your SIM card and see if it helps.

Also, the update seems to have fixed the delay in people hearing me/me hearing them while using VoLTE. This is great news! Volume seems louder too.
What these guys said. Advanced calling is working on any non-functioning phone and you don't have to be in a 4 bar LTE area. Problems as serious as those above are phone problems that can be addressed via the store or VZW replacement as a last resort.

canawler

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
A few are saying battery life is taking a nose dive after the update, so think I'll hold off for a bit.

My battery life tanked after I updated. My normal day leaves me with 60-70% of the battery left. The last two days since updating I had normal usage days but was left with 30-40% battery. I did a cache clear at the end of the first day but that obviously didn't fix anything. The last few days have been rather hectic so I haven't really given it much thought and didn't even connect it to the update until I read this comment.

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
With the new update I can no longer enter numbers into automated systems properly with HD calling on. I was attempting to enter a conference code into a conference call line today and it would duplicate number. So I would dial 1853451 and it would actually enter into the call line (when it read it back to me) 1885333445111

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX