Google settings-location reporting history

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
YEAAAH.....HELLO....MCFLY...(knocking on your head)....how else can the locating be accurate? To give a fairly accurate location, when locating a device, the GPS is necessary.

Newdroid122

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't know. That's why I asked the question mcfly

I see alot of ppl disabling it, so before I did so to try and improve the battery I wanted to have an understanding of what exactly it did.

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't know. That's why I asked the question mcfly

I see alot of ppl disabling it, so before I did so to try and improve the battery I wanted to have an understanding of what exactly it did.

Actually, I am pretty sure that turning off location reporting and history (which is different from turning off location) will not prevent you from locating using Android Device Manager or Motorola's equivalent, whichever one you are using. That setting just prevents Google's apps from giving you location based updates and alerts, etc.

However, if I were you, I'd just try it. Turn the setting off and then try to locate the phone. And let us know what happens...

Good article about this here on Android Central, by the way: Understanding Google's Android location tracking | Android Central

and from Google: https://support.google.com/gmm/answer/3118687?hl=en

Newdroid122

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Actually, I am pretty sure that turning off location reporting and history (which is different from turning off location) will not prevent you from locating using Android Device Manager or Motorola's equivalent, whichever one you are using. That setting just prevents Google's apps from giving you location based updates and alerts, etc.

However, if I were you, I'd just try it. Turn the setting off and then try to locate the phone. And let us know what happens...

Good article about this here on Android Central, by the way: Understanding Google's Android location tracking | Android Central

and from Google: https://support.google.com/gmm/answer/3118687?hl=en

Thanks for the help. I should have just done some trial and error like suggested but you are correct. I was able to locate my phone using Motorola's service with Google reporting turned off

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze