For some reason my Gmail auto sync keeps turning off. Is there a setting I'm missing here?

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-26-2015 02:56 PM
    As far as I'm concerned, it's the one that uses a different email app. I removed GMail a few phones ago. Email (it's the name of an app), MyMail, K9 Mail - there are a lot of better ones out there. I got tired of every update of GMail having a new bug. (Not remembering sync - especially push, bringing back deleted emails - lots of little annoyances.)
    02-26-2015 04:42 PM
    I've never had a problem with gmail sync turning off.

Settings / Google (under accounts) / tap the gmail account. Is gmail checked?

Settings / data usage. Tap menu control upper right, is auto-sync data turned on?
    02-26-2015 05:13 PM
    Gmail had never given me a problem either. However, I downloaded Zoho. It's pretty comprehensive. It's my secondary email.

02-26-2015 06:11 PM
    I've never had a problem with gmail sync turning off.

Settings / Google (under accounts) / tap the gmail account. Is gmail checked?

Settings / data usage. Tap menu control upper right, is auto-sync data turned on?
    I've been using it for a while and never had an issue until this past week. Both those settings are checked, yet when I go into Gmail there's a grey bar near the top telling me "auto-sync is off,tap to turn on"

I keep tapping to turn it on, and have also checked within settings of Gmail. Not sure what's going on

02-26-2015 06:19 PM
    Hmm weird. I might try tapping clear data in settings / apps / Gmail, restart the phone and see if that clears the issue. You'll have to go through settings in the Gmail app again if you've changed notifications, etc.
    02-26-2015 07:09 PM
    Hmm weird. I might try tapping clear data in settings / apps / Gmail, restart the phone and see if that clears the issue. You'll have to go through settings in the Gmail app again if you've changed notifications, etc.
    Thanks I'll give that a shot

02-26-2015 07:30 PM
    Thanks I'll give that a shot

Nope, still happening. It's so weird bc I don't think I changed anything as far as settings. It just began happening a week ago

02-28-2015 01:22 PM