How do you add a new tile in the drop down?

Bleezy

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hello All - I just got my Droid Turbo last night and I love it. Coming from an S3 its amazing! I only have one thing I cannot figure out. How do you add another tile to that drop down menu? I want to add volume control as its the only thing missing that I use all the time. It's driving me nuts because at the moment the only way to silence my phone is to hold down the volume key. I went through all the settings and didnt see the "notification drawer" option anywhere.

Thanks for the help!

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Dont think you can. However, if you hold the power button(like you would power the phone down, across the bottom of that menu are silence, vibrate or sound buttons too.

Bleezy

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
That's right, I forgot about holding down the power button. I really hope there is a way to add tiles, that seems silly that you would not be able to right? Appreciate the response!

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Bleezy, that may be a feature associated with Samsung Touchwiz. I came from an S3 also and have never been able to figure out how to customize the tiles on the drop down menu like I could on my S3.

Bleezy

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Yea David, I've been scouring the internet all day looking for answers. There does not seem to be any answer. Another really annoying issue is not being able to change which screen is the Home screen, its just always the first screen. I really liked having Home screen in the middle so I could swipe left or right. Frustrating.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Yea David, I've been scouring the internet all day looking for answers. There does not seem to be any answer. Another really annoying issue is not being able to change which screen is the Home screen, its just always the first screen. I really liked having Home screen in the middle so I could swipe left or right. Frustrating.

That's an easy fix with a third party launcher like Nova or Apex.

I believe that there are third party apps that can add toggles to the normal notification pane. I don't care for them myself - I'm fine with the defaults - but I know you can search the play store for them. Something like this one: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=de.j4velin.notificationToggle&token=21lMYte3

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Power Toggles can put icons in the notification bar that will let you do a lot of things. I use it to turn wi-fi and Bluetooth on and off, to mute and un-mute the phone, and other things. It is free and highly configurable.

hansjs

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I have been using MoreQuicklyPanel (no spaces) for a few years. Simple, very configurable as far as toggles, and integrates great on the Turbo. Still gets regular updates.

TurboCommander

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
+1 for Power Toggles. I did it to add a flashlight shortcut and to give me functionality similar to the iPhone control center right after I switched and didn't know how to find anything.

Posted via the Android Central App

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
+1 for Power Toggles. I did it to add a flashlight shortcut and to give me functionality similar to the iPhone control center right after I switched and didn't know how to find anything.

Me too - Power Toggles is my favorite widget. Very customizable and puts all controls right at my fingertips.

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've tried a few of the toggle bars both in and out of the notification panel... Still go back to my old Curvefish widgets. seems like I have a better grasp on whats going on with a quick glance.

Turbo screenshot.png

That's the beauty of Android. To each his own...

jedudski

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi Bleezy, you've probably solved your problem by now, but if not (and for all those looking at this thread for an answer), check out Bar Launcher.
There is reference to it on 'Androidpit', and you can search it up on Google Play.

(Sorry about these 'links', apparently I have to make 10 posts before I can add links to a post.)
www (dot) androidpit (dot) com/how-to-add-app-shortcuts-in-your-notification-bar-on-android
play (dot) google (dot) com/store/apps/details?id=com.jo.barlauncher