So since this phone does not have an LED light, the only way to know when you have a message is via Moto Display, right? Well, now the display comes in anytime there is any vibration, its diving me nuts. The MotoDisplay has no options other than on/off? I really just want the screen to turn on when I either have a new message or when I wave my hand over it, NOT when it senses vibrations. If the phone is on my couch, the display comes on all the time. Even when its on my desk, it can sense when i drop a folder or book on it and the screen turns on. Are there really no ways to turn off the vibration sensors?????
    03-10-2015 12:10 PM
    Not really. It's meant to show when it senses activity around the phone and also "breathes" (Motorola's description) periodically even when the phone is still and not in a pocket or bag and not face down (which are sensed by the proximity and light sensors.) The "breathing" happens more frequently (a few times a minute) when new notifications occur but it gets slower over time, until another notification happens. The display uses very little battery power to show notifications - I believe it's not much different from blinking an LED light. But, if you don't like it, as far as I know your only choice is to turn the feature off.

Since I so often use the slide to unlock to power the phone on from moto display, rather than press the power button, I like it when it is on screen more frequently.
    03-11-2015 11:59 AM