Let there be ROOT

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I was just about to post it! I'm excited, I can't wait to root it like my last phones. I'm getting the itch to do it and be free from waiting for otas. Bring on ota from cyanogenmod!

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I was just about to post it! I'm excited, I can't wait to root it like my last phones. I'm getting the itch to do it and be free from waiting for otas. Bring on ota from cyanogenmod!

Unfortunately no one has yet unlocked the bootloader (which is necessary to flash unsigned Roms, i.e. cyanogen). Gaining root simply allows you to access and change files in the root directory. This may be helpful to someone developing a method to unlock the boot loader though.

Posted via the Android Central App

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Unlocked bootloader is not always needed to run roms. LG G2 on vzw is an example. Loki was used to trick it into thinking it was unlocked to run custom roms.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Unlocked bootloader is not always needed to run roms. LG G2 on vzw is an example. Loki was used to trick it into thinking it was unlocked to run custom roms.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo

Not always, but the almost always.

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
So, it's out in the wild.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/paid-software/mofo-root-turbo-t3064404

Be warned that this isn't a normal root... Do your reading. Write protection for the system partition is still in place currently.

The interesting thing is that this method essentially flashes a new image. So it's really not root, nor is it an unlocked boot loader. Definitely interesting and a good first step.

Personally I'm waiting...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1