How do I delete email from my Droid Turbo?

Mrmagoo2015

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
email questions on my droid turbo

I have a new droid turbo. I use mindspring for my email. It will not let me remove the email in my unread box. I go in and delete them and they come right back. There are over 800 on there right now. Any help I'd appreciated

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: email questions on my droid turbo

Welcome to Android Central! Open the Email app, then Menu>Settings. Select the Mindspring account, and look for the server settings. See if there is an option to delete the email from the server.

Mrmagoo2015

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site

Actually I'm trying to delete from my unread email folder. I go in and delete and they come right back

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

If I were you, I'd try manually setting up the email server settings to use IMAP rather than POP3. The Mindspring settings for IMAP should be here: https://support.earthlink.net/articles/email/imap-email.php (scroll down to find the Mindspring settings.)

I'd also suggest trying a different mail client. The one that the Droids use is mediocre at best. There is a very good mail app called K9 Mail in the Play Store, while other people really like Aquamail and Type Mail (Bluemail), also in the Play Store. But, again, I suggest trying out IMAP, so the mail syncs with your server rather than just downloads.

Sean Cogan

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
There have been reports of this (or a similar) issue with the stock email app which may have been caused by the version .12 update. Per doogald's suggestion, one of the third-party email apps he recommends will circumvent the issue you are experiencing with the stock app. And as a bonus, you will also have a 'delete all' feature.

Moto Owners Forum thread discussing this issue:
https://forums.motorola.com/posts/f0ad2b913e

Last edited:

SeniorSwede

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I used the Moto client email program on the last half dozen Droids without this problem. It used to be yellow and had an available dark background WITHOUT all the big capital letters in a Block that matched the first Letter of the sender. A = Amazon. I hate this change but the VZ store guys say it is in hardware and will not be fixed if we ever get lollipop. Not sure about that answer. I tried Aquamail (I think) and got dissatisfied. I keep all mail on my server (POP3) and like to clean my phone off by "Deleting All" occasionally. Not a posibility now. Can't even identify a block to delete. Just one at a time. Lots of Google advertising on this phone. I wish at times I would go back to me Maxx HD which I still have working as a wi_fi device. Now I am trying to get a SanDisk Dual USB Drive to operate and it is not in the compatibility list which may be old. Contacted SanDisk but they said "in a few days".

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I tried a few of the more popular email apps like Type and K9. I went with K9 and so far so good. You can delete all at once. It's really personal preference......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800