Is anyone that's successfully using Moto Assist (Home) having it work consistently like it should? If so, what's your location settings set to? Mine will work for a period of time, then stop working until I reset the phone, work awhile, then stop working again. I'm set to battery saver mode in the GPS.
    03-17-2015 11:20 AM
    Is anyone that's successfully using Moto Assist (Home) having it work consistently like it should? If so, what's your location settings set to? Mine will work for a period of time, then stop working until I reset the phone, work awhile, then stop working again. I'm set to battery saver mode in the GPS.
    What do you mean by "reset the phone"?
    03-17-2015 12:39 PM
    Power off and back on.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64-gig from Tapatalk.
    03-17-2015 01:41 PM
    Try setting the location to High Accuracy for a day and see if it works better.

I don't use home assist at all (I tried it once and turned it off pretty fast), and recently I started using driving assist only when I know that I am about to take a long trip. I find it annoying if I am the passenger especially, but even on short trips around town I find it mostly annoying, and definitely I'm generally annoyed by it around the house.
    03-17-2015 01:49 PM
    OK, thx.

03-17-2015 02:40 PM
    Try setting the location to High Accuracy for a day and see if it works better.

I don't use home assist at all (I tried it once and turned it off pretty fast), and recently I started using driving assist only when I know that I am about to take a long trip. I find it annoying if I am the passenger especially, but even on short trips around town I find it mostly annoying, and definitely I'm generally annoyed by it around the house.
    Yeah... Have to agree. Became really annoying while at home so turned it off. Only use the driving mode... Works great that way.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-18-2015 02:43 AM
    I have aldi never tried the home feature. I use the driving assist, which I like when I am driving. I don't mind it as a passenger. But recently my husband has started texting, and it's disconcerting to be on the commuter train and have my phone talk to me.
    03-21-2015 08:18 AM
    My friend who is blind uses Moto Assist home mode to read his text messages back to him. Home mode keeps turning off at home even with location set to high accuracy. It's very frustrating since it won't read his text messages to him when home mode drops out. Moto assist was the reason he bought the Droid Turbo in the first place but it's very erratic and now he's ready to go back to his old flip phone.
    03-25-2015 11:29 AM
    My friend who is blind uses Moto Assist home mode to read his text messages back to him. Home mode keeps turning off at home even with location set to high accuracy. It's very frustrating since it won't read his text messages to him when home mode drops out. Moto assist was the reason he bought the Droid Turbo in the first place but it's very erratic and now he's ready to go back to his old flip phone.
    Thx. I thought it was just me. Mine keeps stop working, even though it's still enabled. I have to reset the phone to get it back working.

03-25-2015 11:36 AM
    Old thread, noticed this too, but your friend could just use the built in accessibility features to have the phone read sms messages. All Android phones have done this for a long time. Not sure how a flip phone would enable listening to text messages easier.
    05-29-2015 06:48 AM