01-20-2017 10:21 AM
34 12
tools
    Unfortunately, TypeMail is a web-based client, meaning that they download your email to their servers (actually, in this case not even TypeMail's servers, they contract that out to Amazon Web Services) for distribution rather than letting the email client download/upload directly from your email service's servers. TypeMail has other security concerns also. I know I posted this link before in this thread, but I 'm gonna do it again because I think it's that important. Please, read this for more details:

http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/7051405

Take a longer look at AquaMail. It's pretty obvious that I'm a huge fan. I'm just really impressed by it. IMHO not jut the best general-purpose email client available, it's one of the best apps of any kind for Anddroid. It's extremely configurable, with a terrific UI, very fast, cleanly coded with the result being an amazingly small size .apk for all the features included. And it's very secure. Read the AquaMail Privacy statement linked in the post linked above.
    Sean Cogan likes this.
    11-22-2015 10:09 AM
    Unfortunately, TypeMail is a web-based client, meaning that they download your email to their servers (actually, in this case not even TypeMail's servers, they contract that out to Amazon Web Services) for distribution rather than letting the email client download/upload directly from your email service's servers. TypeMail has other security concerns also. I know I posted this link before in this thread, but I 'm gonna do it again because I think it's that important. Please, read this for more details:

http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/7051405

Take a longer look at AquaMail. It's pretty obvious that I'm a huge fan. I'm just really impressed by it. IMHO not jut the best general-purpose email client available, it's one of the best apps of any kind for Anddroid. It's extremely configurable, with a terrific UI, very fast, cleanly coded with the result being an amazingly small size .apk for all the features included. And it's very secure. Read the AquaMail Privacy statement linked in the post linked above.
    Point taken. Thanks Hillary! 😉
    11-22-2015 07:25 PM
    Point taken. Thanks Hillary! 😉
    You're welcome, Donald!
    11-22-2015 10:40 PM
    You're welcome, Donald!
    LOL!
    Crashdamage likes this.
    11-23-2015 08:10 AM
    TypeMail is really nice.
    One problem with it is; it doesn't have integration with any of the Calendar apps(including Google Calendar). So, when I have configured my official mail account in TypeMail, I tend to miss some of the official meetings!!

Any other better alternative app which wouldn't disable 'Smart Lock' features on Android phone and also have integration with Google Calendar
    01-20-2016 02:27 PM
    The gmail app can now do imap and pop mail accounts - it's not just for gmail.
    maxman1 likes this.
    01-20-2016 03:06 PM
    In one word - Typemail !
    In a few more: being a programmer myself, it is very easy for me to spot apps that are well thought out and well written.
    I’ve tried many email apps (K9, Aqua, CM...) Typemail blows the rest out of the water!
    It syncs fast and is easy to use, spam control, clusters, dark theme, colors theme, Exchange, pop3 - just name it's and it's there.
    those guys made an amazing job with this free app.
    Highly recommended !
    TypeApp - not downloading email automatically for the last few days - anyone else have the same issue?
    06-23-2016 02:41 AM
    No problems here. Did you check your settings to ensure that you didn't somehow lose your "push" setting?
    06-24-2016 12:00 PM
    Apologies for the old thread resurrection.

Does Type mail = TypeApp = Bluemail?

I was doing a little research on unified email clients and stumbled across this info:
    Why I Stopped Using Blue Mail (Type Mail) ·

Being 2 to 3 years old, it may well be out of date. Anyone know?
    01-20-2017 10:21 AM
34 12