Just applied a Skinomi screen protector last night. Here are my initial impressions:

It wasn't too hard to apply. When wet, it's loose enough that you can adjust it to the right place.

I did have trouble with a little black thread under the corner of the skin. I'm certain it came off the microfiber cloth they provided. But I re-wet everything, peeled up that corner, and used a knife blade to remove the fiber. Hopefully that won't weaken the adhesive.

Today, the surface feels great. Almost as smooth as the naked glass, and the phone is perfectly responsive. The screen is invisible except a couple of small bubbles which I hope will clear over the next day or two. (That was my experience with Phantom Skinz, which I liked on other phones, but which doesn't make a protector for this one.) If I hold the screen sideways, I can see the edge of the protector, but otherwise I can't.

So far, so good.
    03-21-2015 08:34 AM
    Screen protectors made of the 3M material like Skinomi are great I especially like them for the backs of devices and sides if you plan to go caseless to prevent scratches. There is one area though that they do not do so well. If you have a Galaxy Note or plan to use a stylus keep in mind every bit of pressure will transfer to the 3M material and leave its mark. Other than that its a solid product and does exactly what its meant to do.

I do prefer tempered glass thought and for everyone who says why its Gorilla Glass, well my co-workder dropped his nice iPhone 6 Plus (in a very thin case) and the tempered glass took the hit. It saved him the expense of a display repair that costs $150-200.
    03-21-2015 06:03 PM
    Excellent.. let us know how it holds up..
    03-21-2015 06:05 PM
    I'm willing to risk the cost of repairing the screen. I've carried gadgets mostly case-free for more than a decade without ever breaking a screen, and I can afford the cost of fixing one if it happens.

I mostly use a screen protector to avoid scratches. The phantom skinz was nice because if it got scratched, the scratches magically went away in an hour or so.

The skinz also collected fewer fingerprints than my previous phones. This phone was good on that front, and I considered going naked. But I'd already ordered this, and figured I'd give it a try.

The two smaller bubbles have cleared. The remaining one is smaller. Hoping it will be gone soon.
    03-22-2015 08:13 AM
    I've had Skinomi installed almost since day one. I work in construction, and constant dusty conditions, and two and a half months later it's still crystal clear!
    03-23-2015 05:28 AM