10-07-2016 09:58 PM
53 123
tools
    Only issue I have had is weak signal. I have owned 3 moto phones and all have had weak WiFi signals compared to samsng and lg

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-25-2015 03:17 PM
    My home and work routers are fine. Many free sites have problems connecting or authenticating, if required. Since I pay for plenty of VZW bandwidth, pretty much given up on public wifi.
    04-25-2015 03:46 PM
    My Wi-Fi signal strength is poor compared to my Maxx and my wife's iPhone. My Wi-Fi also drops off intermittently which is very frustrating. Only 2 months in with this phone and it's a disappointment. Direct feel like an upgrade from the Maxx. Major buyers remorse.

04-27-2015 10:40 PM
    No issues here, sorry no help

04-27-2015 11:43 PM
    No problems with WiFi on mine. But make sure the issue is not with the network. I ensure my home network does not have channel overlap, and I never use repeaters.

04-28-2015 10:34 AM
    I don't seem to have any issues with wifi around the house. I use the Turbo to listen to Stitcher and Amazon Music via my Asus wifi N router when I am outside about 40-50 yards (and a couple walls) away from the router when I am doing yard work.
    04-28-2015 04:42 PM
    Being in IT I get to play with a lot of devices. I've noticed a severe lack of WiFi compatibility with the Droid Turbo.

Ubiquity UniFi access points are a no-go no matter the setting. TKIP or AES encryption. I can pull an IP address, but there is no throughput. I've tested this with multiple UniFi AP's on various version of firmware.

Motorola/Arris small business gateways, like the SBG6580, have the slow to respond issue. It'll connect just fine, but takes a very long time to initiate traffic. IE: I can try to bring up androidcentral.com and it'll take 30-60 seconds just to load the page. An additional 30-60 seconds for every page/refresh.

Linksys/Cisco cheap access points/routers (WAP/WRT series, E1xxx series) work flawlessly.

Netgear N300/600 no issues

Netgear AC1900 Nighthawk works fine, but don't use a AC1200 range extender or you'll have the slow page load issue. Strangest damn thing.

Asus is pretty much Netgear on the inside.

These are just my results through testing setting up devices for clients.
    This is one reason I prefer Cisco. They cost a lot more, don't have the greatest range, don't have all of the latest features, but they are made a lot better, and they perform for years with little or no maintenance. We only use Cisco switches and access points.
    04-29-2015 11:56 AM
    This is one reason I prefer Cisco. They cost a lot more, don't have the greatest range, don't have all of the latest features, but they are made a lot better, and they perform for years with little or no maintenance. We only use Cisco switches and access points.
    I've used Cisco for years and every single router has failed on me in some way within a year or two. I'll never use another Cisco home router again and my Asus is about two years old and is easily the best router I've used. Of course, like Cisco, I chose high end so I expect that. Unfortunately, my NAT would continue to change in Cisco for no reason (friends had the issue too) so we ditched them.

*I do acknowledge Cisco is the leading networking company in the corporate world though. As a student early into earning his Cisco Certification I will be working with these a lot. However, my experience on home products has been a nightmare but if it works well for you then that's all that matters.
    04-29-2015 08:06 PM
    I've used Cisco for years and every single router has failed on me in some way within a year or two. I'll never use another Cisco home router again and my Asus is about two years old and is easily the best router I've used. Of course, like Cisco, I chose high end so I expect that. Unfortunately, my NAT would continue to change in Cisco for no reason (friends had the issue too) so we ditched them.

*I do acknowledge Cisco is the leading networking company in the corporate world though. As a student early into earning his Cisco Certification I will be working with these a lot. However, my experience on home products has been a nightmare but if it works well for you then that's all that matters.
    Ditto on the Asus - I've never experienced the range & throughput that I get with my AC68U.

I would also note that of the WiFi performance issues with the Turbo, the Cisco & Apple routers stand out. To their credit though, Cisco was very fast & responsive in making a firmware update available which corrected the initial issue using their products. Based on my personal experience, WiFi issues with the Turbo seem more to stem from older routers or those with outdated firmware (or both) making for a bit of conflict with the newest protocol of the phone.
    04-29-2015 08:35 PM

I never use the Cisco home products. Do they even sell those any more? At one time they owned and branded Linksys devices which were/are junk, but they sold that business to Belkin.

For a router I use an Asus RT-AC67. The rest of the network is all Cisco switches (100 series) and POE powered access points, with the exception of one EnGenus AP. CAT 6 between the router to switches and from switches to Access Point or devices (TV, game consoles, computers, DVR). The Cisco access points are 3+ years old and require no maintenance. The EnGenus is about 6 months old and requires a power cycle every couple of months months.
    04-29-2015 10:48 PM
    I never use the Cisco home products. Do they even sell those any more? At one time they owned and branded Linksys devices which were/are junk, but they sold that business to Belkin.

For a router I use an Asus RT-AC67. The rest of the network is all Cisco switches (100 series) and POE powered access points, with the exception of one EnGenus AP. CAT 6 between the router to switches and from switches to Access Point or devices (TV, game consoles, computers, DVR). The Cisco access points are 3+ years old and require no maintenance. The EnGenus is about 6 months old and requires a power cycle every couple of months months.
    I think so. Linksys started using the Cisco name. Maybe they changed but I do believe Cisco still makes home products. It may just be a name, however.
    04-29-2015 10:56 PM
    I think so. Linksys started using the Cisco name. Maybe they changed but I do believe Cisco still makes home products. It may just be a name, however.
    Cisco bought Linksys in 2003, but sold their home networking division, including the Linksys models, to Belkin a couple of years ago. I'm pretty sure that Cisco is out of the home networking business from the retail side - they may make routers for the cable companies as an OEM, however.
    05-05-2015 02:34 PM
    Cisco bought Linksys in 2003, but sold their home networking division, including the Linksys models, to Belkin a couple of years ago. I'm pretty sure that Cisco is out of the home networking business from the retail side - they may make routers for the cable companies as an OEM, however.
    Alright, I didn't know that since I stopped paying attention to Cisco products a while ago. The last Cisco router I had was an e3000 which was great for a year but once the warranty ended it had NAT issues. I gave it to my friend so she could have better range and months later it began to reset 50+ times a day.
    05-05-2015 08:28 PM
    I created this account just to post that Riccochet is awesome. I had done just about everything to my phone to get it to work.

I have a ubiquity WAP in the office and so I added another WAP just for my phones use and I can stream my music again.

Thank you Riccochet!!!

Others take notice, please try this if using a ubiquity device, it works.
    07-21-2015 12:47 PM
    My husband has same issue he have had 2 replacement and both does it. Use up his data and have to restart all the time in order for certain apps to come through.
    08-02-2015 09:49 PM
    I created this account just to post that Riccochet is awesome. I had done just about everything to my phone to get it to work.

I have a ubiquity WAP in the office and so I added another WAP just for my phones use and I can stream my music again.

Thank you Riccochet!!!

Others take notice, please try this if using a ubiquity device, it works.
    I am just about ready to purchase a Droid Turbo and I just saw this by chance. Just to be clear you purchased another AP and added to your network just so your phone could connect? Or did you add something to the Unify admin to allow this to happen? Let me know please.
    08-03-2015 04:47 PM
    Being in IT I get to play with a lot of devices. I've noticed a severe lack of WiFi compatibility with the Droid Turbo.

Ubiquity UniFi access points are a no-go no matter the setting. TKIP or AES encryption. I can pull an IP address, but there is no throughput. I've tested this with multiple UniFi AP's on various version of firmware.

Motorola/Arris small business gateways, like the SBG6580, have the slow to respond issue. It'll connect just fine, but takes a very long time to initiate traffic. IE: I can try to bring up androidcentral.com and it'll take 30-60 seconds just to load the page. An additional 30-60 seconds for every page/refresh.

Linksys/Cisco cheap access points/routers (WAP/WRT series, E1xxx series) work flawlessly.

Netgear N300/600 no issues

Netgear AC1900 Nighthawk works fine, but don't use a AC1200 range extender or you'll have the slow page load issue. Strangest damn thing.

Asus is pretty much Netgear on the inside.

riccochet

Do you know if the new AP firmware for Ubiquiti - Unifi released July 1,2015 had resolved the Turbo connection issue? In the release note from Ubiquiti it states "Improve wireless connection stability with certain mobile devices on UAP-AC/UAP-AC-Outdoor." for version 3.2.12

I am about to purchase 15 Turbos for the company and we are running Ubiquity at the office. Yikes.

Thanks
    08-03-2015 05:24 PM

Just re-read this thread and found this comment interesting. I just replaced my Docsis 2.0 router with the Arris SBG6580 to take advantage of Cox's improved speeds, and my WiFi speeds went from around 15 Mbps to around 40... and my page loads are quite fast (just tested AndroidCentral.com and each page takes maybe a bit over one second to load).

PS. I've never had any WiFi problems with my Turbo. Home, public, work... all have been fine.

Posted via Moto Turbo
    08-04-2015 01:51 AM
    A WiFi issue I have run into recently (believe it is only post Lollipop) is that my phone will show that it is still connected to my home WiFi even though I am well out of range. For example, yesterday I left my house and was 20 miles away when I looked at my phone and saw my WiFi symbol had an exclamation point next to it, as did my 4G symbol. When I looked at my connection details it showed me as still connected to my home WiFi which it obviously was not. Once I turned off WiFi the phone connected to 4G and a handful of emails arrived that had been in queue but hadn't downloaded because the phone couldn't connect to my home WiFi, and it had not switched to 4G.

I turned WiFi back on, and it still showed me as connected to my home WiFi. Turned WiFi off and on again and had the same result. I then turned on and off Airplane mode (which has worked as a reset for me in the past) and my connections went back to normal.

This has happened to me a handful of times. Anyone have a resolution or has anyone else had this experience?
    Karl Turbo likes this.
    08-07-2015 10:00 AM
    A WiFi issue I have run into recently (believe it is only post Lollipop) is that my phone will show that it is still connected to my home WiFi even though I am well out of range. For example, yesterday I left my house and was 20 miles away when I looked at my phone and saw my WiFi symbol had an exclamation point next to it, as did my 4G symbol. When I looked at my connection details it showed me as still connected to my home WiFi which it obviously was not. Once I turned off WiFi the phone connected to 4G and a handful of emails arrived that had been in queue but hadn't downloaded because the phone couldn't connect to my home WiFi, and it had not switched to 4G.

I turned WiFi back on, and it still showed me as connected to my home WiFi. Turned WiFi off and on again and had the same result. I then turned on and off Airplane mode (which has worked as a reset for me in the past) and my connections went back to normal.

This has happened to me a handful of times. Anyone have a resolution or has anyone else had this experience?
    I've had this happen to me several times in the past. In one instance I was forced to reboot the phone to fix the connection issues.
    08-09-2015 04:25 PM
    I've heard about this problem on other lollipop phones, so I'm thinking its a lollipop bug.
    08-09-2015 07:57 PM
    A WiFi issue I have run into recently (believe it is only post Lollipop) is that my phone will show that it is still connected to my home WiFi even though I am well out of range.
    My issue is definitely post-lollipop, and might be related. I work in a big building with lots of wi-fi APs with the same SSID. Pre-lollipop, I had no problem walking around the building; the Turbo would switch APs on the fly as I move around for a steady wifi connection. Never had a problem with that with other phones, too.

Now that I have 5.1, whenever I move around the building I lose my wifi connection. 50 feet down the hall, boom, now I'm on mobile data. Eventually it'll get back on wifi if I don't do anything.

I also notice it at home, where I have a single router. I've been home for a few hours and when I pick up my phone, it's using mobile data instead of wifi.

Anybody else have problems like that? Wondering if a wifi connection control app would help with that.
    08-20-2015 01:55 PM
    Definitely a LP issue, only question is if its just on the Turbo or other devices as well?

08-20-2015 03:56 PM
    Definitely a LP issue, only question is if its just on the Turbo or other devices as well?

I have not experienced this but that doesn't mean it's not happening. Did anyone with this issue try a factory reset? I know that's extreme but I did do a factory reset right after I installed Lollipop so I wonder if this is why I'm fine.
    08-20-2015 11:12 PM
    Have never experienced a wifi problem on my turbo, either on my home network or connecting to my Onstar hotspot in my truck.
    maxman1 and Davidoo like this.
    08-22-2015 02:27 PM
53 123