My phone's screen is flashing when in sleep mode. I thought that it might be caused by notifications, but I cleared them and it still flashes.
    03-23-2015 07:49 PM
    It could be a problem with the screen. Have you contacted Verizon's (often useless) Support about it or Motorola. Sounds like there might be a short in there not turning the display off completely when in sleep mode.
    03-23-2015 08:42 PM
    My phone's screen is flashing when in sleep mode. I thought that it might be caused by notifications, but I cleared them and it still flashes.
    My screen started flashing this past Saturday right after I took it off the charger. Screen was constantly strobing and I had to get a replacement.
    03-24-2015 03:17 PM
    Do you meant that you see a small lock icon flash on the screen with the time every once in a while? This is normal - this is the Moto Display notification icon. When there are no unread icons, it shows a periodic lock icon which you can drag down to power on the phone without pressing the power button first.

Here is a Youtube video explaining Moto Display a little more (it's a 2014 Moto X, but the same functionality as on the Turbo):

You can turn Moto Display off in the Moto app if you don't like it.
    03-24-2015 03:24 PM
    No, the entire screen was strobing / flashing white and would not stop. Verizon nor I could get the phone to reboot or fully turn off.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-25-2015 06:16 AM
    No, the entire screen was strobing / flashing white and would not stop. Verizon nor I could get the phone to reboot or fully turn off.

Posted via the Android Central App
    That definitely sounds like hardware failure, but I was asking if the OP was talking about something like that or just misunderstanding the function of moto display. It's not clear from the question.
    jesta192 likes this.
    03-25-2015 06:44 AM