Google now and recent apps require 2 tries

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if this is normal or is something is wrong with my phone.

When I launch Google now, sweeping up from the bottom of the phone, it never launches the first time. It will launch on the 2nd swipe up. But it will launch again on the first swipe if my phone doesn't lock. Also, my recent apps button does not work with the first tap. It doesn't matter if I'm in an active app or on the home screen. It requires 2 touches.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is really not that big of a deal, I just don't want this to be foreshadowing for an unresponsive screen.

Thanks everyone.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have already wiped cache partition and I do not have a screen protector on my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if this is normal or is something is wrong with my phone.

When I launch Google now, sweeping up from the bottom of the phone, it never launches the first time. It will launch on the 2nd swipe up. But it will launch again on the first swipe if my phone doesn't lock. Also, my recent apps button does not work with the first tap. It doesn't matter if I'm in an active app or on the home screen. It requires 2 touches.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is really not that big of a deal, I just don't want this to be foreshadowing for an unresponsive screen.

Thanks everyone.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have already wiped cache partition and I do not have a screen protector on my phone.

I don't have either of those issues

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I hadn't heard that. Like I said, it's really not a huge deal. I can hit it twice. Everything else about the phone is amazing. I'm in love with this thing. I appreciate the info. And thanks for the replies everyone.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Mine comes up instantly from just hold the home button until the google symbol appears and then slide quickly up and it goes to google now. But I never use that way, I love the google now launcher and I just click the home button and then slide over to google now. And I only have to click every button once to get what I want. I would try restarting the phone. I do it once a day to keep the phone performing optimally.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Mine comes up instantly from just hold the home button until the google symbol appears and then slide quickly up and it goes to google now. But I never use that way, I love the google now launcher and I just click the home button and then slide over to google now. And I only have to click every button once to get what I want. I would try restarting the phone. I do it once a day to keep the phone performing optimally.

Is the Google Now Launcher the default launcher that comes with the Turbo? If not, what does it do differently than the default?

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
no there is a default one that is nearly exactly the same. Pretty much the only difference is that the google now one includes the google now part where you can slide over to the left. The stock one looks exactly the same but doesnt include that feature.

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
no there is a default one that is nearly exactly the same. Pretty much the only difference is that the google now one includes the google now part where you can slide over to the left. The stock one looks exactly the same but doesnt include that feature.

I had the nexus 6 for about a week but returned it. It was amazing but I couldn't use it 1 handed. It had Google now on the farthest left page. I liked it a lot. I prefer it to the swipe up that's on kit kat.