For those who experienced battery issues with wireless qi charging..have the recent minor updates fixed this issue?
    brandonx1000 likes this.
    03-28-2015 01:08 PM
    Not for me, but I don't think charging issues were addressed in the updates either.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    03-28-2015 09:42 PM
    I honestly didn't believe there was a problem until I broke down and starting using the Turbo charger at night. Well holy crap, my phone lasts all day again. Weird. So no, I have all the updates. All of them.
    03-28-2015 09:55 PM
    I have the Nokia qi chargers, I stopped using them after the first month when I noticed performance issues... Once I did my battery performance went way up and lasted way longer. Just my two cents. Turbo charger since then and no problems. I was using them for over night charging and they didn't do well. My wife used her turbo charger from day one and her turbo was out pacing mine by a country mile until I stopped using the qi.

DRoID TuRBo this...
    03-31-2015 05:14 AM
    I honestly didn't believe there was a problem until I broke down and starting using the Turbo charger at night. Well holy crap, my phone lasts all day again. Weird. So no, I have all the updates. All of them.
    I have a Moto Maxx XT1225 on AT&T and use a TYTL Qi charger every night and the battery last easily a day and a half. How does what I use to charge the phone effect how long that battery last?
    03-31-2015 06:28 AM
    I have a Moto Maxx XT1225 on AT&T and use a TYTL Qi charger every night and the battery last easily a day and a half. How does what I use to charge the phone effect how long that battery last?
    Well I know my battery just didn't act like a 3900mah battery until I used my turbo charger, but that it could be my Nokia qi are junk, they did work with my DNA tho.

DRoID TuRBo this...
    03-31-2015 08:54 AM
    Hmm, I was wondering why when my Dad switched to using his Tylt VU he got a full day out of it instead of two he got with the Turbo Charger...., oh well, he never runs out even if it's off the charger from 4:30AM to 10PM, so.

Does anyone know what's causing the Qi issues though?
    03-31-2015 10:43 AM
    My understanding is that the Tylt didn't seem to cause the same issues as other Qi chargers. I also charge my Turbo overnight on a Tylt Vu and haven't noticed any issues (I charged it with a wired charger overnight for the first two months or so).
    04-01-2015 11:29 AM
    My understanding is that the Tylt didn't seem to cause the same issues as other Qi chargers. I also charge my Turbo overnight on a Tylt Vu and haven't noticed any issues (I charged it with a wired charger overnight for the first two months or so).
    If that's so then I must just be seeing things with my Dad's Turbo's battery life..., hmm.
    04-01-2015 04:17 PM
    personally I dont trust the wireless chargers. They arent as efficient, that efficiency is released as excess heat and heat isnt good for batteries. Personally I try to charge my phone in a cool spot like next to a window
    04-02-2015 01:37 PM
    So is the general consensus to stay away from Qi chargers for the Turbo? I had ordered one today from Amazon (RAVPower Wireless Charger Charging Pad Qi-Enabled) but cancelled it after reading the Qi-related threads on this forum.
    04-08-2015 05:25 PM
    So is the general consensus to stay away from Qi chargers for the Turbo? I had ordered one today from Amazon (RAVPower Wireless Charger Charging Pad Qi-Enabled) but cancelled it after reading the Qi-related threads on this forum.
    I use Qi charging 99% of the time. I only use my Turbo charger when I'm low and need a quick top off. Everyone's battery life is different due to apps loaded, tasks performed, etc. For me, I have a crap-load of applications installed, and use my phone as a mobile hot spot 6-8 hours a day, and I get 32 hours out of a single charge if I let it drain (projected based on 25% remaining when I let it get that low between charges). I use a TYLT charger most of the time (at my home desk and office desk, but I also use a Nokia DT-900 plate charger on my end tables for when I want my phone beside me when I'm relaxing in the living room.

Having said all of that, I will say I have experienced one bad battery event when the phone was not correctly recognizing my charge state which I had to resolve by discharging to zero, then clearing the cache -- once since October 2014 (release day). So, full disclosure. However, in that instance, I was using very cheap "hockey-puck" style chargers. So, the charger itself probably pays a significant role here.

BTW, wile I don't have any experience with RAV Power when it comes to QI, they are otherwise, a good brand.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    04-08-2015 06:26 PM
    Using Verizons Qi charging cradle stand, no problems here. Rarely using turbo charger. Now can go almost 2 days without charging. I tried the small puck ones (most are single coil) and for some reason the turbo did not recognize it. Verizons cradle one is 3 coils and no problem there.
    04-10-2015 02:35 PM
    Same with me. Never a problem with the Verizon stand.
    04-10-2015 03:12 PM
    My wife and I both use the TYLT charger. Neither of us has ever had any problem with them.
    04-14-2015 11:03 AM