Magnet inside phone?

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Same on mine too.

I thought somebody used it for the Google vr box in one of these threads. I suppose it detected something rather. Sorry, I'm not intelligent in its use or purpose.

Posted via the Android Central App

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I believe magnetics are used in many smartphones..this allows human interface devices to interact with the screen..such as a stylus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing it has some effect on signal interpretation. Maxwell's Equations say a spatially varying electric field is always associated with a magnetic field that changes over time. Without getting too nerdy, the simplest description of what comes off the magnet is a particle - wave duality. It's a neat study and Quantum Mechanics goes very deep into its exploration. My degree is in Theoretical Physics, and there's tremendous quantum phenomena. So yeah, a cellphone is ranked 2B, which ranks how carcinogenic something is. A cellphone is equal now to a cup of coffee unlike the analog days.

RJ_Butler

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I think its for the flip cover case. Theres probably a magnet in the case that shuts the screen off/ activates the smart cover app. It's similar to how my Chromebook works (actually, I put the magnetic corner of my phone up to where the magnet in in my Chromebook, and the screen shut off).

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
That is the speaker, all phones have magnets, its how speakers are made up. The OP said its in the top left, and thats where the speaker is. Its comprised of alot of rare earth metals that are very expensive to mine

Last edited:

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
"It's a floor wax". "It's a desert topping". No, it's a Floor Wax AND a Desert Topping!

Sorry guys. There's just something about this thread. I can't put my finger on it.

Last edited:

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I believe the magnets are used for the vibration notification effects (among other things)...

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
The magnet attracts the spirit messengers that Motorola employs to carry your voice into the great beyond and then to your contacts phone. It also keep earwigs out of the ear piece. They hate magnets (citation needed). So far the most sensible response has been the bias magnet for the hall effect sensor since for speakers, the magnet should be by the speaker. It may also be the vibration motor. Lots of magnetics going on in there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781