Would you do it again?

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Not to turn this into anything but Marines don't like to be called soldiers. They're marines. Soldiers are in the Army. Outside of the branches soldier is synonymous with military to many but we respectfully refer to each other as I distinctly remarked above.

Posted via the Android Central App

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'd buy it again just because the battery life makes this a very utilitarian phone. I think most hardware is starting to peak amongst phones.

The last Motorola I had before this was the photon 4g on Sprint. That wasn't the best experience.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely. I love never having to worry about running out of juice, storage (I have the 64gb) or memory. Moto actions are so incredibly useful I can't imagine going to a phone that doesn't have them. The screen is awesome, the responsiveness of the OS and hardware is excellent, I actually like the capacitive buttons, for my use case (mostly scenery shots while hiking) I find the camera quite good, and I've found turbo charging to be a revelation in the couple of times in the last five months I've managed to pound the battery into submission in the course of a day.

Now: I will admit the aesthetics are just "fine"; rugged, unique, and blessedly free of Verizon branding. However, if Moto would package this hardware in the elegant body of the Moto X, that's a combination I could be truly passionate about.

Posted via the Turbo

Last edited:

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I know what you are implying , I am maybe the minority in the fact that I consider myself a soldier. 4th generation Marine first to go last to know. I am 36 I enlisted strait out of high school 1997 boot camp in San Marcos Ca camp Pendleton. As now I live in Colorado and as you know the army is the vast majority here. I feel any man that defends his nation is a soldier. Semper Fi brother.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Would I do it again? No.

After owning this phone for 4 months I wish I had stuck with Samsung and upgraded to an S5.

As a previous S5 owner and I cringe at that. To each their own though.

I'd do it again sure. But part of me misses the Note with its big display. The other part remembers how bad Touchwiz is and is glad I went back to Moto.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
It's certainly up there. It does have a couple of weaknesses. Screen isn't quite what it should be for a flagship, having some purity problems. The previous generation had cleaner color rendering across the panel - this one looks sort of like my old (but still in service!) MaxxHD. I just picked up a Note 4 Edge with a much better screen. The G3 screen beats it in some ways too, but I've always been partial to LCDs (that's changing though). Sound is top notch. I have the kevlar and I love the feel of it in my hand - I never worry about grip and it takes punishment well. Radios are excellent. Battery is fantastic. I love quick charge! I have a fast charger in my car and it tops the phone off before I get home. Awesome. Speaker phone is incredible. I love the implementation of Android and based on my experience with the 2014 Moto X and 5.01 (now sitting in my drawer waiting for 5.1 to come along and fix it!) I am very very very happy to have 4.4.4 onboard. Very stable and well behaved. I can think of a couple places - see above - for improvement. But despite those problems it's a fantastic phone.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I can't tell the difference between these high end DPI or color hues like some seem to be more critical of on here.

S6, N6, Moto X, Turbo -- its all the same really at this point and it comes down to preference, they're all indistinguishable except for minor deltas which is what you'd base your preference on.

The battery and build quality of the turbo was my swaying factor, and I'd still choose it, its so nice to not have to worry about charging my phone during the day, I know its always there, that's my biggest swaying factor really.

Otherwise, if the N6 had a larger battery or equal life I'd go with that now just because its newer and would get updates longer, but otherwise I'd never stray from the "vanilla-esque" OEMs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34