Turbo is completely dead

BlueCollarBadass

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
So last night my phone was on 4% and I plugged it into the factory charger. woke up 4.5 hours later, phone was completely dead. Checked charger, maybe it was unplugged? no dice. tried a different charger, nothing. got to work, another charger...nothing. did all the combos of hard/soft resets that tier 2 tech support ran me through and nothing. anyone have this happen to them?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If the battery died, you may have to keep the phone plugged into a wall outlet for at least 4 hours before trying to power on. If it still doesn't power on, then either the battery is completely dead (or faulty), or the microUSB charging port has an issue. Try contacting Motorola if the phone is still under warranty.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If you have access to a Qi wireless charger and it charged the phone I suppose that would suggest a faulty USB connector...

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
This probably wouldnt have killed it but with lithium ion batteries, you really shouldnt run it down that low, around 25% is what you should be charging at. Extremes such as below 10% can destroy the battery quicker than normal.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My brother had a similar issue with his Droid Mini. The carrier reps tried the hard and soft resets to no avail. His would power on, but with a blank screen and vibrate every 20 seconds. I contacted Motorola and they told me to press the power and volume down button for 2 minutes and then release. When I did, the screen that shows options for recovery, factory reset, etc. on it appeared (sorry, don't know the actual term for that screen). I was then instructed to do a recovery partition wipe. Since that happened, the phone has been running fine. So you may either want to try that or contact Motorola and see what they say. It may not be dead yet. Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC