My battery life on my droid turbo was awesome. I would end the day with around 30-45% left. With 5-6 hrs screen on time. I went on a trip and had to use the GPS so I plugged it in in the truck to my USB port. Now my battery is dead by the end of the day with only 3 hours screen on time? Any tips? Thanks!
    04-02-2015 11:48 AM
    My battery life on my droid turbo was awesome. I would end the day with around 30-45% left. With 5-6 hrs screen on time. I went on a trip and had to use the GPS so I plugged it in in the truck to my USB port. Now my battery is dead by the end of the day with only 3 hours screen on time? Any tips? Thanks!
    Trying charging it over night on the charger that came with it, let it run all the way down and do charge it up again. See if that helps.
    04-02-2015 12:04 PM
    Battery life can be affected a lot by poor mobile network coverage - the phone pushes a lot more power to the antennas to try to hold signal. Maybe it's that?

That said, if "USB port" means something in your car's dash or something, it's very possible that it's too low powered to charge the Turbo while it's in use, particularly while actively navigating with Google Maps/Waze/etc. If you can, try a cigarette lighter plug adapter that provides at least 1 amp, 1.2 amps (6 watts) is even better. Or a Quick Charge charging car adapter is probably even better in your case. See A quick look at three quick-charging car chargers that charge quickly | Android Central
    04-02-2015 12:08 PM
    It might also have something to do with the car charger (unless it was the special turbo car charger) wasnt able to charge your phone very quickly and in fact wasnt quick enough to keep up with the battery used from the GPS. GPS and screen on will use a ton of battery and not enough to be compensated by a typcal charger.
    04-02-2015 12:24 PM
    I have charged it over night with the turbo charger that came with it twice and its still crappy. Today I have 1h54 minutes screen on time and 4hrs 32 minutes off the charger and I'm at 65% battery?
    04-02-2015 12:27 PM