This afternoon my home key recent apps key and the back key / return key stopped working I've done a soft reset on the phone and wiped the partition already. Has anybody else heard of this bug with this device?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-04-2015 02:40 PM
    This afternoon my home key recent apps key and the back key / return key stopped working I've done a soft reset on the phone and wiped the partition already. Has anybody else heard of this bug with this device?

So, I'm gathering you're referring to the lower right rectangular icon not working as well as the bottom left arrow key?

Wiping the partition doesn't sound like it would correct the problem, but the soft reset is one logical attempt.

This is a problem I've never heard of. Unless someone has a better idea, the next step is the dreaded factory reset. Before doing that, it might be worth a call to Verizon tech support. Occasionally you find an intelligent representative.

04-04-2015 05:30 PM

I had a similar issue, though not as bad. My back button would not work off and on. I contacted Motorola directly and they sent me a replacement within 24 hours.
    04-07-2015 01:56 PM
    I've read before of somebody who arranged a warranty replacement for the same issue on a Droid Maxx. He decided to factory reset his faulty Maxx before sending it back and found that the buttons started working again.

If you get a warranty replacement you'll have to reset the phone from scratch anyway so I'd think about trying a factory data reset before making those arrangements.
    04-09-2015 07:55 AM
    Getting same thing with capacitive keys for last 2 days.. Haven't changed anything recently. Did a Wipe Partition 2 separate times .
    *Big Note* the touch screen arrows and menu, etc work still to move around work ng the same apps even though capacitive ones are unresponsive

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back
    04-12-2015 04:44 PM
    Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem other than getting the phone replaced? My capacitive keys just died on me last night. First they were completely dark and non functioning, now they are constantly lit and still non functioning. They stopped working while trying to open the chrome app. A soft reset has not helped. Has anyone tried the factory reset?
    05-28-2015 08:46 AM