On Windows Phone, you can set it to automatically store your pics to your Hotmail account. Can you do that with the Turbo? (Or Droid OS)
    I'm thinking this is more of an OS related question, but I've been reading that the version of OS on the Turbo is almost stock so not quite sure how it works. When you store it to the cloud, is it the native version of the photo or does it use compression?

Thanks in advance.
    04-07-2015 05:39 PM
    If you have a Google + account, you can have your photos uploaded to there. I haven't worried about photos in 3 years because of that. You can set it to upload over WiFi only if you want. I clean out the pictures in my phone every couple of months because of this.

Posted via the Android Central App
    jleebiker likes this.
    04-07-2015 05:50 PM
    You can also use Microsoft's OneDrive in Android, too. And you can set it to back up your pictures automatically. Dropbox will offer the same functionality.

In the case of Google Photos, you have two options. 1) Back up the pictures in full resolution, and this will count against your Drive storage quota. 2) Back up the pictures in 'standard' resolution (which is about 3MP) and these will not count against your data quota, so your picture storage is unlimited. Videos up to 1080p are supported to be backed up as well without counting against your data (I believe they also need to be less than 10 minutes).
    jleebiker likes this.
    04-07-2015 06:25 PM
    If you have a Google + account, you can have your photos uploaded to there. I haven't worried about photos in 3 years because of that. You can set it to upload over WiFi only if you want. I clean out the pictures in my phone every couple of months because of this.

How do you do this? When i try to delete pictures from my phone it only gives me the option to delete everywhere. I thought that meant from the cloud also
    04-07-2015 11:35 PM

How do you do this? When i try to delete pictures from my phone it only gives me the option to delete everywhere. I thought that meant from the cloud also
    When I am in the "gallery" that came on the phone, I select a picture or pictures and delete them. This only deletes them from the phone. When you are in the "photos" gallery from Google + and select delete, it will delete them from everywhere. Just make sure you are in the native gallery app and not the "photos" app where your photos are stored on Google +.

Posted via the Android Central App
    jleebiker likes this.
    04-08-2015 06:16 AM
    Thanks so much! I knew there had to be a way, just couldn't figure out out.
    04-08-2015 09:00 AM
    Yup, if you use the Photos app it lets you delete even from the Cloud back up, but doing so from the stock Gallery app yields no such option because it's only looking at the local file.

With Dropbox you can only manage the cloud backup from the Dropbox app, their website, or the Gallery App if you select to see your Dropbox pictures there (in theory you'd see duplicates...one in a Dropbox folder, another in the Camera folder, and deleting one won't affect the other).

Google does let you 'integrate' the pictures in your cloud backup with your stock Gallery if you select the Sync Picasa Albums option, but I'm guessing the same applies as if you integrate Dropbox galleries... deleting one file from the Camera Folder wouldn't affect the one in the Picasa Album or viceversa.
    jleebiker likes this.
    04-08-2015 12:48 PM
    Google+ only gives you completely free photo storage of photos up to 4 megapixels, I believe. For full resolution backups using Google+, your Google Drive storage will be used. If you are looking to archive the photos you take with your Turbo, there is going to be quality degradation with Google's free option. Instead, I use Flickr for archiving photos at full resolution. And Flickr gives you 1 TB of storage. It's free (no need for the Pro version) and you can set it to auto backup your photos.

I used to use Dropbox for photo storage but that fills up quickly if you take pictures on a regular basis.
    jleebiker likes this.
    04-08-2015 02:30 PM