View Poll Results: Lollipop Update or Droid Turbo 2 (2015) Which Will Come First?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lollipop -Obviously, don't be silly!

1 14.29%
  • Droid 2 Turbo (2015) -Due to more delays

6 85.71%
    With 6 months left in a one year cycle for a refresher to the Droid line (If there is one in the pipeline) the question remains which will come first?

**for those that lack a sense of humor, this is being done partly tongue-in-cheek but anything can happen**
    Murph5150 and Randy Waltz like this.
    04-09-2015 12:32 PM
    Silly and pointless click-bait post.
    88horizon5speed likes this.
    04-09-2015 01:10 PM
    ma2ga28,
    I'm having fun with a situation that some people are frustrated over. Please look up what click-bait is because I don't think it means what you think it means. I'm not affiliated with Androidcentral nor am I sending anyone off to links where I make money. Take your negative trolling to another post.
    DoyouFanBoyBro likes this.
    04-09-2015 01:21 PM
    Silly and pointless click-bait post.
    Agreed.
    04-09-2015 01:34 PM
    Agreed.
    Disagreed, that is a relatively good question considering that most flagship phones are now running Lollipop. Just like me you are stuck with a carrier that could care. It is unreasonable to think otherwise IMHO. Tell the truth, have you been waiting a long time for Lollipop?

Posted via the Android Central App
    jec11718 likes this.
    04-09-2015 02:07 PM
    Disagreed, that is a relatively good question considering that most flagship phones are now running Lollipop. Just like me you are stuck with a carrier that could care. It is unreasonable to think otherwise IMHO. Tell the truth, have you been waiting a long time for Lollipop?

If Moto hasn't announced that there is even going to be a Droid Turbo 2, then the question has no validity. Perhaps they have, and I'm unaware of it.
    TurboHope likes this.
    04-09-2015 02:27 PM
    I can't believe that the OP **seriously** thinks that there will be a new Droid model (which I tend to doubt will be called the Turbo 2, but Verizon is never consistent about this stuff) before a lollipop update for the Turbo. It was hardly worth the time to reply, it's certainly not worth the time to vote.

As the Droid brand name seems to be highlighting a particular feature of the model the last two go-arounds (Turbo for quick/turbo charging; Maxx for the large battery; Ultra for the ultra-thinness; Mini for the small size), here's to hoping, first, that there will actually be one later this year, and second, that the next Droid will be called something like the Droid Capture, for it's (hopefully) excellent camera - because that's the one thing that Verizon/Motorola could improve...
    04-09-2015 02:47 PM
    I can't believe that the OP **seriously** thinks that there will be a new Droid model (which I tend to doubt will be called the Turbo 2, but Verizon is never consistent about this stuff) before a lollipop update for the Turbo. It was hardly worth the time to reply, it's certainly not worth the time to vote.
    I'm new to Verizon and the Droid line (was on Sprint). If I used "Next Droid" would that have been better? If there will be no successor to the Turbo then I can now see why some people think there is a lack of motivation for Verizon to upgrade it. I thought at least they tried to have a one year release cycle for new Droid models no matter what they called it?
    04-09-2015 02:54 PM
    I think everyone involved in this topic has lost sight of a human characteristic called "sarcasm."

Lighten up. There are far more atrocities in our world to be upset about.

04-09-2015 03:27 PM
    Murph,
    I agree, I've noticed people on this site have become polarized. This site used to be full of fun and good natured people. Now it's all about taking sides and negative accusations.
    Murph5150, jec11718, psf57 and 2 others like this.
    04-09-2015 03:49 PM
    As the Droid brand name seems to be highlighting a particular feature of the model the last two go-arounds (Turbo for quick/turbo charging; Maxx for the large battery; Ultra for the ultra-thinness; Mini for the small size), here's to hoping, first, that there will actually be one later this year, and second, that the next Droid will be called something like the Droid Capture, for it's (hopefully) excellent camera - because that's the one thing that Verizon/Motorola could improve...
    Oooooooooh I would love Motorola to finally produce an excellent camera! As for the survey, the answer is Lollipop (double duh). Whether the successor is called Turbo2 or not (very likely not, as you pointed out), the excellent Droid line will continue, and the Lollipop debacle will soon be forgotten.
    04-09-2015 05:00 PM
    f there will be no successor to the Turbo then I can now see why some people think there is a lack of motivation for Verizon to upgrade it. I thought at least they tried to have a one year release cycle for new Droid models no matter what they called it?
    Oh, I'm 99% sure that there will be another one. The only thing I'm thinking is that if the Turbo didn't sell enough to make it worth the while for Verizon to keep the brand going they could decide just to quit and carry only manufacturer devices. But, really, I doubt that's going to happen. I'm pretty sure that Verizon will want another one.
    04-09-2015 05:28 PM
    Murph,
    I agree, I've noticed people on this site have become polarized. This site used to be full of fun and good natured people. Now it's all about taking sides and negative accusations.
    Yes, there are people, very literal people, whom are quick to pull the insult trigger. I too, am a literal person. I'm a physicist. But when I leave the office, I remember to become human again.

I catch your drift. The fact remains that the Turbo 5.1 update has been an exceedingly long wait, and the wait continues. Personally, I'm not bothered. 4.4 has worked well. Human nature craves the newest, latest, and greatest. A little levity and harmless humor shouldn't be a calling for the egomaniac population to come out from hiding.

04-09-2015 06:01 PM
    As someone with a Nexus 7 (2012) with 5.1, the real question is will Lollipop actually be made into a usable operating system in that 6 month time frame???
    04-10-2015 07:51 AM
    It's a matter of perspective and interpretation. Sense of humor is subjective. Regardless of intent, I interpreted the post as yet another complaint that the Turbo still doesn't have LP, and a snarky "new" way of pointing it out. Frankly, I'm tired of that discussion, and you'll note the absence of my participation in "that other thread", which in my opinion contains plenty of discussion on the topic. I simply agreed with MA2GA28 that this is an unnecessary thread, and stand by that.

You may now return to your normally scheduled programming.
    this_is_nascar and TurboHope like this.
    04-10-2015 08:11 AM
    It's a matter of perspective and interpretation. Sense of humor is subjective. Regardless of intent, I interpreted the post as yet another complaint that the Turbo still doesn't have LP, and a snarky "new" way of pointing it out. Frankly, I'm tired of that discussion, and you'll note the absence of my participation in "that other thread", which in my opinion contains plenty of discussion on the topic. I simply agreed with MA2GA28 that this is an unnecessary thread, and stand by that.

You may now return to your normally scheduled programming.
    I, too, hate fun. 😝

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo.
    04-10-2015 08:18 AM
    I, too, hate fun. ������

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo.
    Fine, I'll be the resident "Grumpy Cat". I've been called worse.

Lollipop Update or Droid Turbo 2 (2015) Which Will Come First?-index.jpg
    vzwuser76 likes this.
    04-10-2015 08:23 AM
    duplicate
    04-10-2015 08:23 AM
    honestly i love this post, and i laughed.
    deesugar and ChuckG73 like this.
    04-10-2015 01:49 PM
    ...I interpreted the post as yet another complaint that the Turbo still doesn't have LP, and a snarky "new" way of pointing it out. Frankly, I'm tired of that discussion...
    Dungoyle,
    There are plenty of channels on TV, Websites on the Internet and Threads in a forum that we sometimes find not to our liking or not our cup of tea. A lot of people don't give it a second thought and move on. I just think it's funny how you find it necessary and take the time to insert yourself in these threads to tell everyone how you're "tired of these discussions". And then you end up commenting more than anybody else in the thread which you profess you don't care for.
    doogald, gadgetgeek703 and Davidoo like this.
    04-10-2015 02:29 PM
    For goodness sakes. I stated my opinion IN THIS THREAD, I'm over it. I thought my last post made it clear I don't care that my opinion isn't popular, and I'm not trying to sway anyone else. If you feel you must have the last word, then by all means, quote me again, and drag me through the dirt. I won't respond and you get the "win".
    04-10-2015 03:31 PM
    Thread closed.
    doogald, dungoyle and TurboHope like this.
    04-10-2015 04:39 PM