Hey guys how the heck do I get rid of the gmail badge icons I actually don't want that.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails gmail badge icon??-231.jpg  
    04-10-2015 07:03 PM
    Use a different launcher? The Google Now launcher in the Play Store, which works a lot like the Turbo launcher, does not badge unread counts.
    04-10-2015 07:11 PM
    I thought the turbo uses the google launcher

04-10-2015 08:13 PM
    I thought the turbo uses the google launcher

Launcher 4 by default, Google available in Google Play.
    04-10-2015 08:34 PM
    So that's it ? That's my only option?

04-10-2015 08:37 PM
    Where do you actually find them? When I Hold on my home button, Google search comes up.
    04-11-2015 08:53 AM
    Op your thread confuses me . You're showing a picture of what is inside of your Google folder on the desktop . What do you actually want to do?

Are you talking about the Number one on the G-Mail Icon ? Click on it and read it . The number will go away.

If you don't want the Google folder on the desk top ,long press on it and then move it to the waste basket . and you can do the same thing with the icons in the folder .

If you mean you want the icons to look different you'll need a different launcher as mentioned above so that you can download and apply themes and or Icon packs.
    04-11-2015 09:52 AM
    The Turbo default launcher has badges for gmail, regular email and texts. As the other dude said..if you don't like them.. Use Google Now Launcher. Other launchers, such as Nova..Apex.. Etc... Can show you unread count badges, but by default, they don't.
    04-11-2015 10:20 AM
    It's possible that you can mark all of your messages read, turn on airplane mode (so no new messages come in), verify that there are no badges on icons, and then go into settings / apps, scroll to all, look for the app "Badger", tap it and force stop and then disable the app. I think that would keep the unread badges from showing up from that point forward (though I don't know for sure.)

Installing the Google Now launcher seems easier (though if you don't like the Google search bar, then, not so much; then, as was previously said, maybe Nova Launcher is a good choice, because that won't badge the icons and you can disable the Google search bar.)
    DoyouFanBoyBro likes this.
    04-11-2015 10:35 AM
    It's possible that you can mark all of your messages read, turn on airplane mode (so no new messages come in), verify that there are no badges on icons, and then go into settings / apps, scroll to all, look for the app "Badger", tap it and force stop and then disable the app. I think that would keep the unread badges from showing up from that point forward (though I don't know for sure.)

Installing the Google Now launcher seems easier (though if you don't like the Google search bar, then, not so much; then, as was previously said, maybe Nova Launcher is a good choice, because that won't badge the icons and you can disable the Google search bar.)
    exactly what I was looking for thank you !!

04-11-2015 11:24 AM