We didn't even make the list?? Oh well... I'll just be happy for myself.

The Best Android Phones of 2015
    04-14-2015 03:10 AM
    Its because Google but mostly Verizon is too busy stuffing their pockets and playing with themselves to release 5.1.. Otherwise the Turbo would be an amazing phone...
    04-14-2015 03:32 AM
    Its because Google but mostly Verizon is too busy stuffing their pockets and playing with themselves to release 5.1.. Otherwise the Turbo would be an amazing phone...
    The Turbo is an amazing phone even without Lollipop. My best guess is that its a Verizon exclusive so they avoid mentioning it and rather mention more widely available devices.
    04-14-2015 05:05 AM
    From the looks of it though..looks like 5.1.1 is RIGHT around the corner..doubt that the Turbo gets it
    04-14-2015 05:33 AM
    From the looks of it though..looks like 5.1.1 is RIGHT around the corner..doubt that the Turbo gets it
    I'm thinking about switching to a Turbo. I'm curious about your statement about 5.1.1. What in 5.1.1 would make it more amazing?
    04-14-2015 11:09 AM
    I'm thinking about switching to a Turbo. I'm curious about your statement about 5.1.1. What in 5.1.1 would make it more amazing?
    Depends who you ask. If you're the type of person who needs the latest version of android NOW, this phone is not for you.

However, if you like a phone that uses a very stable build, has an amazing battery, is buttery smooth, and you don't mind not having the greatest cell camera, I recommend the Turbo.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-14-2015 12:04 PM
    Just went back to the maxx. Everything else was AWESOME....but that camera....just couldnt get it to cooperate.
    rxgadget likes this.
    04-14-2015 12:47 PM
    I know that a memory leak issue in lollipop was discovered to still exist in the 5.1 update, so I presume that's at least one of the fixes in 5.1.1 (if that does, in fact, exist.)

See http://www.androidauthority.com/andr...ak-fix-594624/
    jleebiker likes this.
    04-14-2015 12:55 PM
    The Turbo is an amazing phone even without Lollipop. My best guess is that its a Verizon exclusive so they avoid mentioning it and rather mention more widely available devices.
    Agreed. The Verizon exclusive would be reason enough for them to leave it off the list.
    04-14-2015 02:20 PM
    To all those involved in the discussion of this thread I remind you to please remain civil in your responses .
    If you see a post that irritates you, consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button.

You are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.

If you see a post which you believe violates the guidelines of this forum do not reply to it but report it instead. Thanks
    04-14-2015 07:01 PM
    Verizon exclusive.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-14-2015 10:55 PM
    I agree that exclusivity through Verizon kept the Turbo off of the list. America alone has three other big carriers and putting the Turbo in a "top ten" would be irrelevant to a lot of people.

I suppose the same could be said for the OnePlus. Great phone, difficult to get.

Ry likes this.
    04-15-2015 06:31 AM
    We didn't even make the list?? Oh well... I'll just be happy for myself.

The Best Android Phones of 2015
    We all know the Turbo is a Moto X on steroids, but without all the custom colors. If the Turbo was not a Verizon exclusive it would be on the list instead of the Moto X.
    TechCaptain and TurboHope like this.
    04-15-2015 11:20 PM
    To all those involved in the discussion of this thread I remind you to please remain civil in your responses .
    If you see a post that irritates you, consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button.

You are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.

If you see a post which you believe violates the guidelines of this forum do not reply to it but report it instead. Thanks
    I didn't see a single post on this thread that would require such a nannying response. Could you please tell me what caused you to post this?
    04-16-2015 08:13 PM
    I didn't see a single post on this thread that would require such a nannying response. Could you please tell me what caused you to post this?
    There were two or three posts deleted. I'm not sure seeing them would have changed your post, though. Pretty mild stuff.
    04-17-2015 12:19 AM
    There were two or three posts deleted. I'm not sure seeing them would have changed your post, though. Pretty mild stuff.
    If you have a question about something a Moderator has done in the forums then please PM the Moderator. Please do not publicly question or discuss this in the forums.

Just a quick quote from our Forum Rules & Guidelines..

Moderators - Do not post complaints about Moderators. Mobile Nations has the highest regard for individuals who volunteer their time to be a moderator. Every day, our moderators read through hundreds of threads and posts, and all moderator decisions are final. We trust that any action that a moderator takes will follow the above rules and guidelines. Please send a PM to a Moderator if you have questions about any moderator action.

Thank you,

Paul
    Mod Team Leader @ AC.
    davidnc and TurboHope like this.
    04-17-2015 02:29 AM
    The turbo is a Verizon only phone, I imagine this was a factor. But the only list of top phones I really care about is my list...turbo is #1 on that list

maxman1 likes this.
    05-27-2015 01:29 PM
    In the spirit of the thread:

Roses are red
    Some Turbos are blue
    I still love you my Turbo
    Lollipop!
    TJ Kelly Jr and TurboHope like this.
    05-28-2015 10:02 AM