ART or Dalvik?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
As I recall the turbo had an error when you activate art. Each time that you restart the phone it fails finishing the initial activation, meaning that it tries the multi-minute process at each restart.

Having flipped between art and dalvik for months on a Droid Maxx, I don't think the benefits of ART on KitKat are worth it in this case. On the Droid Maxx I cannot tell the difference in performance or battery life between the two. In other words, if you did a blind test and offered me the Maxx with one or the other set up, I wouldn't be to tell you which it was running based on my observations using the phone.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I also had ART set on my Droid Maxx. I did notice slightly more snappy response. I can't speak to whether or not it saved battery. It certainly wasn't a huge difference if any, and it didn't hurt battery life. Beyond that it worked flawlessly. I never had any crashes or problems with app optimization.

On the Turbo, as doogald mentions, there is a glitch that keeps around 70 or so apps (on my phone) from being successfully optimized on ART. So every reboot results in a new attempt to optimize those apps. It makes for a much longer boot time, but once booted I haven't noticed any issues. I also haven't noticed the snappier response I noticed with the Maxx.

I say give it a try. You can always switch back if you want to. FWIW, my Turbo is set back to Dalvik.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Dalvik and never even tried Art! Don't fix it if it ain't broke!

DRoID TuRBo this...

lol that cracked me up! if everyone thought and acted that way im pretty sure humanity would never have gotten anywhere...automobile? who needs that, my horse works just fine. dont fix what aint broke! cell phone!?...who needs that, my landline works perfectly fine, dont fix waht aint broke! Air conditioning?! whoo needs that, my windows roll down just fine, dont fix what aint broke!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12