google plus photos

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed this? Its kind if annoying that you have to do this...

So you take a couple photos. You open photos to view them and they look good but if you double tap to zoom in they now get re rendered and look sharper, double tap again and it zooms out and it keeps the sharper re render that looks better. Its annoying that you have to zoom in and then out to get the nicer render. O think it should do it automatically even without having to zoom in and then out. Anyone else think so too? Of you have no idea what I'm talking about I'll re explain it lol

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Could it be a data thing? So you view a lower quality pic with minimal data transfer, but by asking for more detail you now get the full file size with a higher data transfer. I'm not sure how much data that would save if this is the case but I'm sure over several viewings it would add up, because this only happens to pics you are viewing from G+, correct? It isn't happening to pics stored on your device. If it doesn't matter where the pics are stored than you may have an issue. The test would be to store images somewhere like Google Drive, DropBox, or some other cloud service and see if your experience is the same. If so it's G+ probably not your device or a setting.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
it is from viewing google plus photos, but the photos were taken on the phone and stored on the phone. I have the auto backup turned off so its not a data thing.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It's probably a design decision to reduce processor usage for the sake of looking at thumbnails. Use the gallery app if the Google photos app bugs you. Or something like QuickPics from the play store.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm thinking it's to save something with resources. Even though the OP isn't using the back up service per say they're still viewing pics over a connection resulting in data. All though the processor thing could have merit. Either way once it's used the resource to provide the higher quality pic it's not going to take it away after viewing until the app is closed and the cache dumped.

Posted via the Android Central App