It has happened more than twice that as I am typing on the keyboard the sound it makes suddenly go silent. Going back to the menu I discover the loss of all touch sounds. When I go to the sound settings the 'touch sounds' option is checked and all the sound levels are on max.

The rest of the sounds work just fine. But just the touch sounds are silent. The phone suddenly starts lagging like crazy. And when I power the phone off to reboot again it takes a good 2 minutes to shut off.

It definitely IS a software bug. But I'm curious if anybody else is facing the same thing on 4.4.4?

And also my multitasking window troubles me a lot. Sometimes when I press the recent apps (with good three of four apps opened at the same time) it shows only one or sometimes even none. And I have to go back on the homescreen and press the recent apps button again after which it shows all my apps in the recent apps screen.

Any idea what's up? Your concern will be appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-18-2015 01:50 PM
    The multi-task button issue with KitKat phones is pretty common. I tend to press it and make sure that it's showing the latest three apps I've used - if not, I press it two more times and that always seems to work. I'm almost to the point where I'll just press it three times.

I can't tell you about the keyboard sounds issue. It sounds like you have some background app refresh induced lag. Check to battery usage to see if there is an obvious app using a lot of battery that doesn't look right to you. The only time I notice terrible background lag on my phone is when the play store is updating apps, so I have it set to not update automatically.

Good luck; I hope you find the cause.
    anon(9408097) likes this.
    04-18-2015 03:13 PM
    Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with the multitasking issue. However the other one seems more serious to me. And yes I've checked the battery settings and everything seems fine. I don't install weird apps on my phone. Just the common ones. I really don't understand why this keeps on happening. Anyways. Thank you for your help.

04-18-2015 04:24 PM
    And to clear things out. The sounds disappear and don't come back unless I fully reboot the device.

And the sounds I'm referring to here are just 'touch sounds'. However if we must go into detail, the sound levels get messed up.

The slider no longer lowers the notification volume. It slides but doesn't lower the volume. The touch sounds disappear. And that's all I've noticed so far.

No idea why and how and what

04-18-2015 04:28 PM
    Maybe try clearing your cache? That's usually what I do when I get any type of bug.
    04-18-2015 06:35 PM