How to Get Back to Phone Screen to Hang Up While on Speakerphone?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Can't believe I'm posting this, but I don't know the answer.

I typically use my phone on speakerphone when having a phone conversation. It's just easier to hold and talk with it in my hand in front of my body or else I set the phone on my desk. My screen time out is set to two minutes, so after I've talked for a couple of minutes my screen goes black. Then, when I'm ready to say good-bye, I can't figure out how to get back to the phone active screen! If I were holding it to my head it would automatically go to the phone screen, but when on speaker it doesn't. As a result I usually wait for the other party to hang up the phone. Tapping the power button doesn't do it.

How to I return to the phone screen after my screen has timed out and I'm on speakerphone?

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
This might be the long way, but I hit my Home button, then I hit the phone icon, then I hit "return to call in progress" and that gets you back to your speaker phone. Again, there may very well be a quicker way.....

Newdroid122

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
If you pull down on The screen (like looking at notifications) there will be a notification with your call, and right beneath it there should be an option that says hang up. Tap it.

Posted via the Android Central App

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
This might be the long way, but I hit my Home button, then I hit the phone icon, then I hit "return to call in progress" and that gets you back to your speaker phone. Again, there may very well be a quicker way.....

Yes, I remember now. I have tried this and it has worked.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
If you pull down on The screen (like looking at notifications) there will be a notification with your call, and right beneath it there should be an option that says hang up. Tap it.

Thanks. I'll try that next time.

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Yep, it's off by default: Settings>Accessibility> check the Power Button Ends Call box.

I'm pretty sure there is an option in settings to allow the power button to end the call. But it has to be checked

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I checkmarked the box, Power Button Ends Call, and yes, I did accidentally hang up on a friend of mine so I unchecked that box. Now, when I've been on speaker for some time and I press the power button I get the phone screen. This is apparently how it's supposed to work so I'm a happy camper. Can't believe that toggling that setting would fix it but it seems to be true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34