Is there an easy down and dirty way to swap from an old phone into a new one?

Going from the DROID Maxx to a turbo and would like to have as many settings and sounds etc that I have made on that phone still be set on the new one.

Thanks in advance..

Posted via Android Central App
    04-21-2015 03:31 PM
    See Backing up an Android Phone. Sounds are just files - put them where they came from - ringtones in the Ringtones folder, notification tones in the Notifications folder,etc.

Settings for apps? If the app doesn't have a way to save its settings (in which case there should be a folder or file you can copy and import on the new phone), use Helium to back up app settings and data. (It's all in the above linked guide.)
    Crashdamage likes this.
    04-21-2015 04:07 PM
    If you're coming from the maxx, just use Moto migrate. It will pull everything over to your new phone. You will have the option to select what you want to transfer. You will need the Moto migrate app on both phones. Super easy.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-21-2015 04:21 PM
    Enable 'Backup my data' and 'Automatic restore' in Settings > Backup and restore. This backs up and restores Google contacts, Keep notes, Calendar, home screens, WiFi passwords and some other settings.

Some apps like AquaMail, Nova Launcher, FolderSync and VoiceChoice have a backup function that will generate backup configuration files. Manually copy those for quick restoration. If there's no built-in backup function, you may be able to find and copy the configuration file for some apps.

SMS/MMS can be backed with a dedicated SMS backup app or with general backup apps like MyBackup Pro or Helium, which can backup much more than just texts.

When setting up, enter the appropriate Google account as the administrator, get WiFi working, add the other various accounts and start downloading and installing. Copy over the backup configuration files for AquaMail, Nova etc and all that extensive app configuration that took hours originally is restored bang - bang.

Most of the time in setting up is spent reconfiguring those apps that do not generate backup configuration files. Unfortunately, seems many developers who write nice apps overlook this important function.

All in all it really isn't too bad if you have a plan and apps such as AquaMail and Nova that will save the most complicated setups and restore them in seconds.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    04-21-2015 04:34 PM
    Thank you... See you on the new phone

Posted via Android Central App
    04-21-2015 08:13 PM