Sending video

yacobo

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Why can't I send a video? I've trimmed it it down to a couple mb and still won't go. I'm on Verizon with full strength signal. I've tried sending with gosms, text and, to no avail. Pretty frustrated.

Posted via the Android Central App

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Your description is like telling a mechanic "my car does not work.." No one can help you if you don't give specifics.

Is there an error? If so, what's the error? What happens when you atteMpt to send? What size is the file? Etc..etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yacobo

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, that's what frustrations do for me.

It's a 4 sec video, 9 mb, and all it says is file to large to send. I've tried uploading to Twitter, fb, and it says file to large. I've tried sending with stock msg app, message +, and nothing. I'm not sure what all details I wud need to give, any help appreciated.

RT6

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
If I shoot any kind of lengthy video I want to share I use Google Drive and then share it that way. I've always had trouble sending videos of any decent quality through GOSMS. I've always had to turn the resolution WAY down (even on my Razr HD) to get it to send. Maybe that's a work around that can work for you?

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Lengthy videos I upload to Youtube (make private). then send them. Verizon messages lets you trim your video to send.

yacobo

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Looks like my options are to upload to Dropbox or YouTube and make a link and then send the link.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Why can't I send a video? I've trimmed it it down to a couple mb and still won't go. I'm on Verizon with full strength signal. I've tried sending with gosms, text and, to no avail. Pretty frustrated.

The limit for Verizon MMS attachments is 1.2 MB, which isn't very large, so sending by text is probably not the best way to send video.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Due to recent smartphones getting better camera sensors, including the 21mp, 4k capable Turbo; file sizes are becoming too large for texting. Unless you want to shoot a crappy low res video to send, you should either email or use a file sharing service such as google drive

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I do the upload to Youtube, then on youtube on your phone, when the video is playing tap the video, you will see that sideways V thing tap on that and pick how you want to share. Mine has Gmail, messaging, onedrive, etc.