Turn on Text Notifications while on Call?

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I honestly just want to get audible notifications of test messages while I'm on calls so I can respond in a timely manor.
Ah, gotcha. I honestly don't know if it can be done natively or not (never crossed my mind) but I "thought" you would get a beep tone similar to another incoming call but perhaps not. Unless you get a better answer from someone else, might have to explore the 3rd party notification apps if it's important for you to have instant notification prior to ending a call.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I can't recall if it vibrates when a text comes in. Maybe not. But I use an app called "Missed Text Reminder" to notify me every 15 minutes (you can change that) if I have an unread text message.

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
It can't be done.

Why would you expect Google/Motorola/Verizon to give users the choice to turn something like that on or off?!? Even though it used to be a feature (or is a feature on most phones) it's bad to have that kind of consistency in an OS.

Oh and I hope they come up with more popup consents for us to click on like every time when you turn on GPS or update Apps for other things like Wi-Fi. I would like to be reminded every time I connect to the same public network that it might be dangerous. I have the memory of a goldfish* and constantly do things without knowing what I'm doing like most users and need lot's of pop up warnings on my phone.

/sarcasm
/rant

*Yes, I know that Goldfish having a short memory is a myth.