Does droid turbo come with a flashlight built in
    04-25-2015 11:34 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I don't think so. If and when it gets Lollipop, there will probably be a flashlight toggle in the Quick Settings. In the meantime, install a flashlight app. Be careful, though, because there are some relatively shady developers out there who cram a lot of unnecessary permissions in the app. The flashlight should just be able to access the Camera (because the LED flash is part of the camera). Network access is reasonable if it comes with banner ads, but there are probably some apps out there that only ask for Camera permission. Or better yet, install Power Toggles, which is one of my favorite apps. You can place custom toggle bars on the homescreen or notification bar, including a flashlight toggle. Very lightweight app, very respectable dev.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    04-25-2015 06:49 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I don't think so. If and when it gets Lollipop, there will probably be a flashlight toggle in the Quick Settings. In the meantime, install a flashlight app. Be careful, though, because there are some relatively shady developers out there who cram a lot of unnecessary permissions in the app. The flashlight should just be able to access the Camera (because the LED flash is part of the camera). Network access is reasonable if it comes with banner ads, but there are probably some apps out there that only ask for Camera permission. Or better yet, install Power Toggles, which is one of my favorite apps. You can place custom toggle bars on the homescreen or notification bar, including a flashlight toggle. Very lightweight app, very respectable dev.
    99.5% +1 on this response. My only reservation is Power Toggles which didn't blow my skirt -- hey, nothing wrong with it, but different strokes and all that (especially, if a flashlight is all you're looking for) . I use Lite LED. Not saying it's the "best", but it gets the job done with minimal muss and fuss. I'm pretty sure I picked it up from a recommendation here on the forums, and I wish I could recall who it was so I could give them the credit. Like I said -- BASIC, but it's just turning the LED light(s) on your phone, so...
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-27-2015 01:02 PM
    99.5% +1 on this response. My only reservation is Power Toggles which didn't blow my skirt -- hey, nothing wrong with it, but different strokes and all that (especially, if a flashlight is all you're looking for) . I use Lite LED. Not saying it's the "best", but it gets the job done with minimal muss and fuss. I'm pretty sure I picked it up from a recommendation here on the forums, and I wish I could recall who it was so I could give them the credit. Like I said -- BASIC, but it's just turning the LED light(s) on your phone, so...
    I love Power Toggles, but agree it's overkill for only a flashlight function.
    04-27-2015 01:57 PM
    I use DroidLight by Motorola, pretty clean on the permission side.

Posted via the Turbo
    maxman1 likes this.
    04-27-2015 02:20 PM
    I love Power Toggles, but agree it's overkill for only a flashlight function.
    Oh yeah, I agree, if you're only looking for a flashlight. Just thought I might expand some horizons!
    KPMcClave and dungoyle like this.
    04-27-2015 03:03 PM
    And the good thing about Power Toggles is that you can have the flashlight switch on your homescreen, notifications bar and lock screen.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-27-2015 03:16 PM
    Tesla LED . Awesome and I have a short cut on one of my homescreens .
    04-27-2015 05:25 PM
    Another option is Nexus Torch in Play Store. Just press the icon to turn it on or off doesn't open up a separate window.

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back
    04-28-2015 01:26 AM
    If you prefer to have toggle options in your notification shade, a la Galaxy S, check out Notification Toggle. Coming from the S3 myself, I found this app to be fantastic. I think the toggle options in the notification shade is the only thing that I initially missed from my old S3. It has a flashlight option as well as a host of other toggle options.
    B. Diddy and psf57 like this.
    04-28-2015 03:16 PM