spartan glass screen protector

jfrancis214

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I have use Spartan glass before on my lg g3 and had no haloing upon is installation. Now I ordered two for my droid turbo after having 2 iVoler halo instantly. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue with their droid turbo.

Posted via the Android Central App

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the Spartan Glass protector for my Turbo. What specifically are you talking about? Not sure what you refer to, when you say halo issue. Please elaborate with specifics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you use a case? I do have two spots on the edge of the Spartan glass that do not adhere to my Turbo's glass. It hasn't peeled or came off. To me it is not an issue.
Other than those two small spots, no peeling. Considering the price I paid compared to other tempered glass protectors, I am not going to complain.

Besides, Xtremeguard has a lifetime warranty on their Spartan Glass protectors as well as all their other protector.

jfrancis214

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Ya maybe I am just too ocd and didn't experience it till I got the turbo and yes I use a otter box with it

Posted via the Android Central App----Droid turbo

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, the documentation says not to use a case that pressing on the edge. I have a Otterbox Defender case that I use. I popped out the defender's preinstalled to use the Spartan Glass.
The Defender's plastic inner part snaps around the edges of the Turbo's glass. Consequently, it does press on the edge of the on the Spartan Glass.
I wonder if this is why they suggest not to use a case that presses on the Spartan Glass.

jfrancis214

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I used a otter box defender j u st like you did with my g3 wwith no problems and this happened right after the install and before i put the case on mt droid turbo.....idk

TJ Kelly Jr

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I use the ivoler tempered glass and have one spot up by the camera that doesn't adhere, but doesn't come up either. I've seen other forums and reviews that say it's because of the curve of the glass / phone. I think that if I had installed the glass just a hair lower it would adhere totally. Had it on a week, with no issues.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Spartan Glass, MIME, and iVoler have all had the halo effect for me. There are several complaints about this on the forum and the general consensus is that the protectors are made too large. The Turbo has 2D glass meaning it lifts or curves towards the outer edges on all sides. There has been some positive experiences with all of the above but generally we agree its not worth the risk.

However, I do find that Verizon's Tempered Glass fits extremely well. Its cut shorter than the rest and if aligned properly will not have the halo effect. I use this along with a Diztronic TPU and its decent protection for my minimalistic needs. Please remember that you're looking for Tempered Glass and avoid their Flexible Glass which is nothing more than Plexiglas or something along those lines.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind the halo issue as long as it's not all around the glass. In my case, it is only two spots.

My defender case overlaps one of the issues.

Also, at 5 bucks for tempered glass, I am not going to complain if it's only two spots.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind the halo issue as long as it's not all around the glass. In my case, it is only two spots.

My defender case overlaps one of the issues.

Also, at 5 bucks for tempered glass, I am not going to complain if it's only two spots.

My Spartan Glass lifted on all edges and stretched the halo into the display area. I'm an expert at putting these on so it annoys me. In fact, my current glass doesn't have a SINGLE spec of dust under it. I've looked closely lol.

jfrancis214

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty good at putting these things on as well. But just seems like it is only problematic to me on the turbo

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty good at putting these things on as well. But just seems like it is only problematic to me on the turbo

Yep, a slight alignment difference will throw the whole installation off. I really don't like 2D glass...