Hey all!

Like someone else recently posted, I am finally due for an upgrade. I am leaning towards the Turbo, but I'm worried about the camera. Has anyone had the first Moto X and now has the Turbo? I'm just wondering if the camera is at least better than that one. I have a DSLR for most pics, but want a decent cam for the candid shots or when bringing a large camera isn't appropriate. I really like the looks of the G4, but I really LOVE Moto's software and the battery life would be nice.

Thanks for any input!
    04-30-2015 07:05 PM
    Hey all!

Like someone else recently posted, I am finally due for an upgrade. I am leaning towards the Turbo, but I'm worried about the camera. Has anyone had the first Moto X and now has the Turbo? I'm just wondering if the camera is at least better than that one. I have a DSLR for most pics, but want a decent cam for the candid shots or when bringing a large camera isn't appropriate. I really like the looks of the G4, but I really LOVE Moto's software and the battery life would be nice.

Thanks for any input!
    My teenage son had a Moto X (1st gen) and now has a Turbo. Yes, the camera is better in the Turbo. Uses a Sony f2.0 camera sensor. Better in low light situations. I'm sure you've read complaints on this site about low light action shots being blurry. I don't think it is that bad of a problem and if you read the other forums you will find similar complaints among other brands. I can tell you the Moto X was worse for capturing action shots in low light.

The Turbo also has better color accuracy.

I would give the Moto X camera a grade of B- and the Turbo camera an A-.

Yes, the battery life IS awesome!
    04-30-2015 10:18 PM
    I had a the original moto x when it first released and I loved it but the turbo is the best of both worlds moto stock feel but better battery screen and camera..

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-01-2015 12:32 AM
    I came from a moto x (1g) and agree with the above. The turbo camera leaves a lot to be desired but it is better than the x.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    05-01-2015 05:53 AM
    Thanks everyone! I think the battery life and the Moto stock software make it worth it.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    05-01-2015 07:11 AM