09-27-2017 03:34 PM
39 12
tools
    Whenever my phone starts rebooting by itself ..., which has been happening more and more with this Turbo ...
    05-08-2015 11:58 AM
    Whenever my phone starts rebooting by itself ..., which has been happening more and more with this Turbo ...
    Ouch. I can honestly say I've never had this happen on my Turbo (owned since launch day). I don't say this lightly -- I'd consider a factory reset.
    maxman1 likes this.
    05-08-2015 04:18 PM
    Ouch. I can honestly say I've never had this happen on my Turbo (owned since launch day). I don't say this lightly -- I'd consider a factory reset.
    Thanks. I did do that last week and after about 3 days the problem started happening again. It happens at least once a day, sometimes 3 times a day. Perhaps it's a bad app, or a hardware issue with the phone. It's starting to annoy me
    05-11-2015 12:21 PM
    Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but I figured it was a good place to ask this. How come it takes so long to clear the cache? I've had to clear the cache on my friend's M8 (5.0.2) and my mom's S4 mini (4.4.2), and both of them took about 5 seconds, but the Turbo takes upwards of 10 minutes. Can someone explain this?
    05-28-2015 08:19 PM
    After seeing this I decided to do it. I haven't cleaned the cache in about 2 months. It took about 15 minutes.
    05-28-2015 08:59 PM
    Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but I figured it was a good place to ask this. How come it takes so long to clear the cache? I've had to clear the cache on my friend's M8 (5.0.2) and my mom's S4 mini (4.4.2), and both of them took about 5 seconds, but the Turbo takes upwards of 10 minutes. Can someone explain this?
    I can't explain what the specific technical cause is, but it is a glitch that supposedly has been corrected for the future update.

Posted via the Android Central App
    RJ_Butler likes this.
    05-28-2015 09:58 PM
    I'm pretty sure that for most phones, and for Motorola phones prior to kitkat 4.4.4, wiping cache meant simply formatting the cache partition. My guess is that Motorola, for either security reasons or in error, is doing a file by file secure wipe, which is what takes so long.
    RJ_Butler likes this.
    05-28-2015 10:07 PM
    Never. Cache files are there for a reason, mostly to speed up operation. Deleting them only wastes CPU cycles and power rebuilding them. So unless you have a specific problem related to caches, you should get the best performance by leaving caches alone.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    Wait what? You mean all those people telling me that our improves battery life were wrong?

Sent Turbo Fast from my Droid Turbo 64gb
    05-31-2015 06:50 PM
    Wait what? You mean all those people telling me that our improves battery life were wrong?
    Absolutely that's what I mean. 💯

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    05-31-2015 07:09 PM
    wiping the cache partitition isn't the same as wiping the cached data in settings > storage.
    wrong. Some phones do wipe cache partition in settings..
    04-19-2016 01:31 AM
    Cache data is one thing but cache partition is another. Basically if you have one app with issues and nothing anywhere else, clear cache for app only. Then if it's everywhere (like freezes or crashing with lots of things) wipe cache partition. Could be a temporary file on SD card and simply fix by removing that SD card and put important info elsewhere and format to phone (which I know you didn't do like you should with every new SD card that's NEW to any phone. LG PHONEs TYPICALLY ARE ALL FROM SETTINGS AND WIPE CACHE PARTION IS IN THE SETTINGS CALLED cached data under storage.
    04-19-2016 01:36 AM
    wrong. Some phones do wipe cache partition in settings..
    What he was saying is that wiping the cache partition does something different from wiping individual app cache, or wiping them all from settings / storage, so that wasn't wrong. Also, on *this* phone, you cannot wipe the cache partition from settings.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    04-19-2016 05:15 AM
    What he was saying is that wiping the cache partition does something different from wiping individual app cache, or wiping them all from settings / storage, so that wasn't wrong. Also, on *this* phone, you cannot wipe the cache partition from settings.
    Yep. Thanks, doogald.
    04-19-2016 06:46 AM
  14. Iphone6PlusOnlyLastedAYearWithRegularUse's Avatar
    I just did this right now because my phone was super laggy and not loading stuff and all around being a drag so I went into the boot menu and cleared the cache data 100% better. I cleaned it out maybe 3 months ago but now that I know this trick it will be a monthly to bi-monthly basis because it speeds my phone up. Clearing the cache from the settings menu has never worked for me on any of my androids
    09-27-2017 03:34 PM
39 12