Recently all calls that I receive on my regular mobile number are getting sent to Google Hangouts on my laptop computer. Not sure why that is happening. My phone won't ring AT ALL and instead the Hangouts app on my laptop rings. The same thing happens if I call my Google Voice phone number. My laptop rings but not my phone.

I have not changed any settings in weeks so I don't know why this is happening.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance everyone!
    05-04-2015 12:27 PM
    You've forwarded your phone's calls to your Google Voice number I am bettting?

On the phone, open the dialer, dial *73 and press send. See if that solves the problem.
    Phoenix212 likes this.
    05-04-2015 12:37 PM
    you've forwarded your phone's calls to your google voice number i am bettting?

On the phone, open the dialer, dial *73 and press send. See if that solves the problem.
    Problem solved! Thanks doogald!
    05-04-2015 01:35 PM
    Ok, now that you've done that, if you are using GV as voicemail for your VZW number, I still think that you need to do what is called a conditional call forward.

Dial *71 followed by your Google Voice number and then send.

Conditional call forward will transfer the call to your GV number when there is a ring no answer, after 4 to 6 rings.

See this: https://support.google.com/voice/answer/165656?hl=en

Open the part about Verizon Wireless...

See also https://productforums.google.com/for...ce/2Zgc2AjG9Pw
    05-04-2015 01:55 PM
    Thanks. I followed all of those steps and my phone is now ringing again as it should. However, for some reason voicemail does not pick up. Instead calls that get forwarded to vm simply get hung up on. I know that the calls are being transferred to Google Voice bc the Hangouts app pops up on my laptop to inform me of a phone call. But after the calls rings through to the Hangouts app (and is not picked up), the call hangs up and never reaches voicemail.

Any suggestions?
    05-04-2015 02:23 PM
    Any suggestions?
    Well, I'd try this. On a "real" computer, open the Google Voice web page to access your account. https://google.com/voice I believe...

Click the gear icon top right, then settings. On the first page, phone, it should have your VZW phone listed as a mobile. If not, that might be the problem. If yes, then click "edit" under the mobile phone setting. Make sure it's set to mobile and Verizon. Click "show advanced settings". Make sure that forwarding options at the bottom is set to go straight to voicemail. If that wasn't set, change it and click "save". See if that does it...
    05-04-2015 02:40 PM