Hi,

is it possible to use the turbo in norway for example? In any way? :-)
    05-08-2015 05:20 AM
    Yes. The Turbo is a global phone. You may need a new SIM, but to simply answer your question, it works in the vast majority of countries.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-08-2015 05:32 AM
    Bahamas with US SIM?
    05-08-2015 05:42 AM
    If you want to use your SIM card abroad check with your carrier about roaming prices and availability. Unless you have a good contract roaming can be very expensive, specially when using mobile data.

You can always buy a local prepaid card when traveling. They are very cheap and work great for local calls and mobile data. That's the thing I do while abroad and never had a problem with my Moto G.

GeodudeFFP likes this.
    05-08-2015 06:25 AM
    Verizon has a page about global roaming.

Global Roaming | Verizon Wireless
    dungoyle likes this.
    05-08-2015 07:19 AM
    Works pretty fine in Russia and Finland, LTE and stuff.
    05-08-2015 07:32 AM
    Verizon has a page about global roaming.

Global Roaming | Verizon Wireless
    Thanks for the link. Guess I'll go without data on my upcoming cruise at those rates. Probably just as well anyway; won't hurt me to have a tech free holiday.
    05-08-2015 08:08 AM
    In addition to global roaming (at $25 for 100 MB of data, which I found manageable when I traveled through Europe last fall - I used 98 MB as I left ), you would also want to turn on the free international dialing option on your plan, so you can call local numbers while you are away from the US. The $25 plan can be turned on and off when you need it, though if you deactivate prior to the end of the month they also prorate the data plan - so, if you turn it on for two weeks, the data plan only covers 50 MB. I just turned off mobile data and used WiFi only except for those times when I wanted to use data - to look at Google maps, etc. But, yes, calling rates and text rates are high, too.

But if you do plan to use data and will be in one country for a decent period of time, buying a local SIM is easily your best bet. You can buy a pre-paid SIM with much lower voice and text rates and get a lot more data for the same price, with the price of getting a local number to the country that you are in, rather than your own Verizon number. (That was fine with me.)

There is a thread about this here, from a traveler to the UK (and another to Nepal), where I gave a link to a place that sells prepaid SIMs before your trip: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...s-unocked.html
    05-08-2015 10:47 AM
    Yes. The Turbo is a global phone. You may need a new SIM, but to simply answer your question, it works in the vast majority of countries.

Ah, nice! Thanks!

Bahamas with US SIM?
    ???

If you want to use your SIM card abroad check with your carrier about roaming prices and availability. Unless you have a good contract roaming can be very expensive, specially when using mobile data.

You can always buy a local prepaid card when traveling. They are very cheap and work great for local calls and mobile data. That's the thing I do while abroad and never had a problem with my Moto G.

Hehe, im a norwegian, and live in Norway :P But Motorola phones havent been avaleble here for several years.
    And because of the big battery, the Droid Turbo looked really interesting.

Works pretty fine in Russia and Finland, LTE and stuff.
    Hm, thats sounds good! But i have to check the LTE in Norway, as i have understood we use some special bands for LTE here.

But it shouldnt be a problem if the phone is a verison model, it would still be possible to flash a normal rom if i need get rid of all the verison apps and stuff?

Thanks for all your answers!

Regards
    Fredrik
    Norway
    05-09-2015 06:41 AM
    Hm, thats sounds good! But i have to check the LTE in Norway, as i have understood we use some special bands for LTE here.
    You can try to find out which BAND do your provider use. It can reveal all futher problems
    (mine is BAND 7 - 2.6ghz)

PS I can check on july when gonna drive to Nordkapp
    05-09-2015 10:22 AM