Use the turbo in other countries then US?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes. The Turbo is a global phone. You may need a new SIM, but to simply answer your question, it works in the vast majority of countries.

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
If you want to use your SIM card abroad check with your carrier about roaming prices and availability. Unless you have a good contract roaming can be very expensive, specially when using mobile data.

You can always buy a local prepaid card when traveling. They are very cheap and work great for local calls and mobile data. That's the thing I do while abroad and never had a problem with my Moto G.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
In addition to global roaming (at $25 for 100 MB of data, which I found manageable when I traveled through Europe last fall - I used 98 MB as I left ;) ), you would also want to turn on the free international dialing option on your plan, so you can call local numbers while you are away from the US. The $25 plan can be turned on and off when you need it, though if you deactivate prior to the end of the month they also prorate the data plan - so, if you turn it on for two weeks, the data plan only covers 50 MB. I just turned off mobile data and used WiFi only except for those times when I wanted to use data - to look at Google maps, etc. But, yes, calling rates and text rates are high, too.

But if you do plan to use data and will be in one country for a decent period of time, buying a local SIM is easily your best bet. You can buy a pre-paid SIM with much lower voice and text rates and get a lot more data for the same price, with the price of getting a local number to the country that you are in, rather than your own Verizon number. (That was fine with me.)

There is a thread about this here, from a traveler to the UK (and another to Nepal), where I gave a link to a place that sells prepaid SIMs before your trip: http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-turbo/504705-these-phones-unocked.html

Alpejohn

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes. The Turbo is a global phone. You may need a new SIM, but to simply answer your question, it works in the vast majority of countries.

Ah, nice! Thanks!

Bahamas with US SIM?

??? :)

If you want to use your SIM card abroad check with your carrier about roaming prices and availability. Unless you have a good contract roaming can be very expensive, specially when using mobile data.

You can always buy a local prepaid card when traveling. They are very cheap and work great for local calls and mobile data. That's the thing I do while abroad and never had a problem with my Moto G.

Hehe, im a norwegian, and live in Norway :p But Motorola phones havent been avaleble here for several years.
And because of the big battery, the Droid Turbo looked really interesting. :)

Works pretty fine in Russia and Finland, LTE and stuff.

Hm, thats sounds good! But i have to check the LTE in Norway, as i have understood we use some special bands for LTE here.

But it shouldnt be a problem if the phone is a verison model, it would still be possible to flash a normal rom if i need get rid of all the verison apps and stuff? :)

Thanks for all your answers! :)

Regards
Fredrik
Norway

Denis Runev

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Hm, thats sounds good! But i have to check the LTE in Norway, as i have understood we use some special bands for LTE here.

You can try to find out which BAND do your provider use. It can reveal all futher problems :p
(mine is BAND 7 - 2.6ghz)

PS I can check on july when gonna drive to Nordkapp :)